PDA

View Full Version : Wrap around care trials: message from NDNA

Simona
25-08-2013, 08:49 AM
I have found this bit of information....not sure what it is about but sounds very much like 'childcare hubs' which 4Children are also developing.....can anyone shed any light on this?

Regional steering group

The National Day Nurseries Association (NDNA) is currently aiming to create 12 steering groups across England with a focus on developing local wrap-round care trials to improve availability and flexibility of high quality childcare and promote efficient, innovative, diverse and sustainable provision to support the needs of local families.

The regional steering groups are being set up to look at innovative ways of working, with partners to develop sustainable childcare options for local parents. We are inviting local partners to come together to look at how we can do this by developing strong local partnerships. Each group will focus on how they can offer all year round care that meets the needs of children and parents.

Involvement from steering group members would be through regional meetings with local partners. Meetings would focus on establishing childcare options/solutions locally, discussing any barriers and possible solutions, trialling new initiatives and sharing information to develop future case studies.

We are looking for a range of child care representatives to join each regional steering group. The steering groups will be made up of parents, day care providers, child-minders, schools, free schools and academies and they will work together to shape efficiency saving models.

We are aiming to hold the first meetings in September to look at shaping local childcare provision for the year ahead.

If you are interested in participating in this exciting new project then please contact Fiona Bland at NDNA –fiona.bland@ndna.org.uk or call 07811751143 for further information.

FloraDora
25-08-2013, 08:59 AM
'and they will work together to shape efficiency saving models.'

I wonder what the 'efficiency saving' will mean?

miffy
25-08-2013, 09:12 AM
'and they will work together to shape efficiency saving models.'

I wonder what the 'efficiency saving' will mean?

Took the words right out of my mouth lol!

Perhaps we should email Fiona for more information?

Miffy xx

Simona
25-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Have found this on the NDNA website

National Day Nurseries Association | home | partnerships & projects (http://www.ndna.org.uk/partners/strategic-partners)

As it is open to cms I will certainly call them on Tuesday and find out exactly how cms are involved in this project which is, I feel, backed by the DfE

Looking at the list of organizations who recently received grants from the DfE under the National Prospectus Grant funding for 2013-2015 NDNA have been allocated almost £1million to:

'Undertake cross cutting policy development and delivery of services to improve quality of childcare and early education'

4Children have been given over £750,000 to:
'Bring together day care providers and cms to develop a financially sustainable model for a more flexible childcare offer'

Sounds similar does it not?
Pacey may know more as the NDNA announcement is on Pacey Local.....

Worth mentioning both NDNA and 4Children are part of the Task and Finish Group...hope there is no relation here to this project?

Simona
31-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Has anyone contacted NDNA to ask for more information or even volunteered for this project?