PDA

View Full Version : Meh!

sprinkles
24-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Is how I'm feeling right now! Business is sooo slow! We don't 'need' the money but I'd still like the work - mainly because I only have one little girl and would be nice for her to have someone to play with.

I've had a couple of enquiries but people have arranged to come for a visit and then either not bothered to get back to me or changed their mind - I really wish they wouldn't make arrangements to then go back on them! I also had an enquiry yesterday for a 6 month old but after my experience at the beginning of the week, I said no.

Not even been any enquiries posted on our Facebook childminding group so there's either not been many or the other minders have had space. I'm hoping once I start going to the school to pick up it will help get my name out there. Also going to see if any of the other minders go to any toddler groups and going to meet with another local minder each week I think.

But yeah...where's all the enquiries??

lizduncan72
24-08-2013, 07:27 PM
It's pretty quiet here too, having said that I've got two new part timers and one schoolie starting next week so going to be full for first time in about three years!!!!
I know you had a really bad time with your first lo but don't disregard all littlies because of him-some of them are great!! I've got a lovely wee girl just now who is ten months now but started at seven months.
Hope you get someone else soon x

sprinkles
24-08-2013, 07:31 PM
It's pretty quiet here too, having said that I've got two new part timers and one schoolie starting next week so going to be full for first time in about three years!!!!
I know you had a really bad time with your first lo but don't disregard all littlies because of him-some of them are great!! I've got a lovely wee girl just now who is ten months now but started at seven months.
Hope you get someone else soon x

I know, I just don't feel I have the experience for them :( will just have to wait and see. It's a small town and there's about 14 of us!!! x

k1rstie
24-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Where I live, there are about 14 minders just at my local school!

I do not have a vacant that I NEED filling, but have noticed the real lack of interest. BUT I do state on childcare.co.uk, that there is only one primary school , and two preschools (which are about 200m away) that I would consider collecting from......

Good luck with your spaces

sprinkles
24-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Where I live, there are about 14 minders just at my local school!

I do not have a vacant that I NEED filling, but have noticed the real lack of interest. BUT I do state on childcare.co.uk, that there is only one primary school , and two preschools (which are about 200m away) that I would consider collecting from......

Good luck with your spaces

Yeah, same - I would just like some more kids for the sake of the one I've already got! Nearest school to me is at least 3/4 of a mile away and the other is about a mile. Typically I have a pick up from the one further away and have to walk lol. We also have a private nursery in the town too so that takes a lot of the work away.

Annoys me when people are like "do you have space" and when you reply and ask hours they say "oh, I don't have a job yet, I'm just looking at options" or "waiting to near back if I've got an interview". Don't get my hopes up lol.

bunnyjess
24-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Ah I know how you feel. I've been registered since feb and only have one at the minute. I did have another but it was a bit of a nightmare. It does get to me at times as I've had a few people come for visits but don't hear from them again

sprinkles
24-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Ah I know how you feel. I've been registered since feb and only have one at the minute. I did have another but it was a bit of a nightmare. It does get to me at times as I've had a few people come for visits but don't hear from them again

What do you do all day? My one starts on Monday but I'm just like eeeek, what are we going to do all day? Lol

bunnyjess
24-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Well I only have him on a weds so its not too bad but I normally take him to the park or do crafts. It does get a bit boring though. Hoping things pick up soon

sprinkles
24-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Well I only have him on a weds so its not too bad but I normally take him to the park or do crafts. It does get a bit boring though. Hoping things pick up soon

I've got her 3 days. Thankfully she's happy to play away by herself most of the time so at least she won't be bored if we run out of activities for the day!

lizduncan72
25-08-2013, 06:28 AM
I've got her 3 days. Thankfully she's happy to play away by herself most of the time so at least she won't be bored if we run out of activities for the day!

Are there any toddler groups nearby you could take her to? Might help get yourself known too and help with filling spaces x

Samijanec
25-08-2013, 06:54 AM
Good luck on finding mindees. Our area is manic and I tend to get enquiries daily ATM. Would be hard if I didn't tough. :(

sprinkles
25-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Are there any toddler groups nearby you could take her to? Might help get yourself known too and help with filling spaces x

Yes, I'm going to ask around which ones are on on the days I have her and pop along I think x

sprinkles
25-08-2013, 07:38 AM
Good luck on finding mindees. Our area is manic and I tend to get enquiries daily ATM. Would be hard if I didn't tough. :(

Gosh, lucky you! Send some my way lol. I think if we move in the future it will be to a bigger town!