PDA

View Full Version : I have had enough, feel down

Npg1
23-08-2013, 10:36 PM
I have posted before about a certain parent.

We got a new puppy last weekend, already have 1 dog. The child is 11mths old. I have re done risk assessment and policy and sent them to parents.

The parent im talking about is term time only and sent me an email earlier to say I guess you mean food bowl as I made a spelling mistake, no other parent made a comment.

I then decided this is the time to invite her for a meeting as i have decided I dont want to carry on.

She said she feels there has been alot of change, pick ups, drop offs, pets and otber children in my care. I have fitted in with them wanting to pick up at funny times etc. Children in my care, I dont have anymore than 2 at a time.

Ive had enough, want to quit and hand notice.

twiggy
23-08-2013, 10:50 PM
I gave notice yesterday to a parent who has been giving be lots of stress and I feel like a huge weight had been lifted from me. I would give notice especially if it is getting you down. Sending hugs as I know how your feeling.

blue bear
23-08-2013, 10:58 PM
get advertising and replace, no contract or amount of money is worth it if its bringing you down.

rickysmiths
23-08-2013, 11:53 PM
I have parents who I have bent over backwards for and are being a bit funny to say the least they chop and change hours and want another one at the end of the year maybe, they always want to know chapter and verse about other parents coming and going, I always tell my parents verbally if change is happening but I don't go into chapter and verse. It is my business and as long as it does not affect their child's care I don't see what business it is of their's. I wonder if they ask the Nursery they have also used for the last 3 years for every detaild of every staff change and child leaving and joining them???

I have had an inquiry about a full timer and I can't wait to she if that is confirmed so I can get rid of the hassle.

Samijanec
24-08-2013, 07:08 AM
I don't blame you, I'd give notice as well if its getting to you. Xx

MessybutHappy
24-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Type out the notice letter, keep it on your computer so all you need do is put the dates in. You'll feel much better for it. Your decision on when to print and hand over, either now or as soon as you have someone else lined up.

Npg1
24-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks for your replies last night.

She is coming for a meeting on friday, will be nervous! Ive decided im.going to hand my notice in. I kick myself because I knew I should have done it at the beginning of the summer holidays and now she will have to come to me for 3 weeks.

Shes moaned because we have moved house, I have moved my own girls school to fit in with her better and now regret it.

Its going to be difficult on friday..........

Samijanec
24-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks for your replies last night.

She is coming for a meeting on friday, will be nervous! Ive decided im.going to hand my notice in. I kick myself because I knew I should have done it at the beginning of the summer holidays and now she will have to come to me for 3 weeks.

Shes moaned because we have moved house, I have moved my own girls school to fit in with her better and now regret it.

Its going to be difficult on friday..........

Lots of hugs coming your way for Friday. Xx

Leela
24-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Hi I have been in this situation I still have the family but it was getting me down and I was feeling very tense. I had a meeting and several emails as well. Mum thought her child had priority, that I was a second mum to that child and she kept looking at my wall rota,, asking who I was looking after, how many etc. together with her child's demanding behaviour it was awful. Don't suffer, either have a meeting and see if you can resolve issues. I would still give a time line, even if it's just for yourself. If you feel that you can't communicate with this parent give notice. I had to work hard to make things better but not sure if I could do this again with any other parent. I am more assertive now, she was the second family, I think she feels a bit put out by the other families and children and there could be a bit of jealousy there as well. Also it's your home and family if you want a puppy you don't need any ones permission but families are free to go elsewhere not for you to limit your lifestyle or business.