PDA

View Full Version : Bit Confussed.com!!!

s.law
23-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Hi i am due my first visit soon by the Care Commission in Scotland, but i am a bit confused :panic: to what paperwork i need in place? Would anyone know how many log books i need and what for? Also what about hourly rates, unsure what to charge by the hour and for half or full days, do the care commission help with this or would i need to contact the SCMA? Any help on this would be great, as getting really nervous that i dont have everything in place!!!!

lizduncan72
23-08-2013, 11:55 AM
First of all, don't panic!!! They're not there to catch you out at the first visit ( I'm assuming you mean a pre-reg visit?) You will need to have a log of smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarm checks, also an attendance register is a good idea but not compulsory. An accident/ incident register, medication register, policies and procedures. A parent info pack to give out to prospective parents is a good idea too.
The Care Inspectorate will not advise you about fees, they don't take any interest in your financial affairs. If you are a member of SCMA they publish a list of average fees for each area annually which might help or you could check childcare.co.uk and have a look at other childminders in your area to see what they are charging.
Hope that helps! :)
Any other questions just ask x

Samijanec
25-08-2013, 06:11 PM
I'd also make sure you have all your policies in place, your fire blanket, why you want to be a cm and so on.. :)

s.law
26-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Thanks for your feedback that is such a big help, just one more thing to ask where can i obtain forms such as the log of smoke alarms, attendance registers, medication registers etc, are there any free downloads i can print off?, or do i need to purchase these from else where?. Thanks

scottishlass
26-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Thanks for your feedback that is such a big help, just one more thing to ask where can i obtain forms such as the log of smoke alarms, attendance registers, medication registers etc, are there any free downloads i can print off?, or do i need to purchase these from else where?. Thanks

I got the ring binder from Scma which has fire drill logs medication all about me etc and got their cash book with register too - check out this site and Bromley for free downloads tho remember a lot of it will have ofsted on it so you will need to change that xx. I didn't buy these until after my pre reg xx

lizduncan72
26-08-2013, 01:58 PM

A lot of these things you can make up yourself and save money!! I bought the SCMA ones when I started but make my own now-much cheaper!

Samijanec
26-08-2013, 03:56 PM

Scma sell packs or you could just google and see what's out there, I'd stick to scma though for the medical stuff..