PDA

View Full Version : HELP... Does anyone know???

Crisi Shaw
22-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi does anyone know if i have to register with ofsted to look after my step-son & daughter in school holidays whilst their mother is at work??
I cant say we get on because generally she will not give me the time of day, But she starts Uni next week and as said he course makes it so she will not be available to look after them in the holidays,
My partner (their father) Works for himself so will be at work when the children are with me,

Any help would be much appreciated, Or any ideas of places i can get information from would be great,

Thanks you all xx

sprinkles
22-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Are you being paid for it? If not, then surely it's just like any parent looking after children in the holidays.

shortstuff
22-08-2013, 03:52 PM
i would agree with sprinkles, you are a step parent looking after children. if there is no money changing hands then it isnt childminding :)

Bluebell
23-08-2013, 07:38 AM
even if there was a contribution for food or outings from the mum I would say as a step-mum you wouldn't have to register.

Mouse
23-08-2013, 07:49 AM
This is the Ofsted fact sheet that explains when registration isn't required:

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - Registration not required (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-registration-not-required)

bunyip
23-08-2013, 08:02 AM
This is the Ofsted fact sheet that explains when registration isn't required:

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - Registration not required (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-registration-not-required)

The document to which Mouse refers contains the following as a category of 'not required to register':

If you only care for a child or children aged under eight who you are related to. A relative means a grandparent, aunt, uncle, brother or sister of a child (or half-brother or sister) or someone you are related to through marriage or civil partnership.

so I'd say probably no need to register. But it's your risk/your call, so would advise a call to Ofsted to seek clarification. :thumbsup: