PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Kerry84
22-08-2013, 12:39 PM
I am almost ready for my pre-reg visit but still yet to sort my DBS x2 out as lack of funds. Almost sorted all paperwork but how do everyone manage with all the printing? Must cost a fortune!! Has anyone got a little list of what paper work I should have available for parents when their children start with me? Also what does everyone think of my logo? :-) xxx

loocyloo
22-08-2013, 12:54 PM
love the logo :D

when parents come to visit I show them my portfolio - this includes -
registration certificate,
'all about me' - about myself!
first aid certificate
all training/qualification certificates.
policies
sample menu
list of activities offered/places we go
list of activities offered for after-schoolies
list of things we might do in the holidays
information about EYFS
information about observations/LJ/2 yr check etc
copies of the all about me forms that I ask parents to fill in.
information about fees/invoices etc
list of companies I accept voucher payment from.

when a child starts with me, the parents and i fill out contracts & child record forms, I give them a copy of policies and form to sign to say they have received/read them, medical forms, 'all about me', permission slips and a form about 'sharing information' if child attends another setting.

I put the printer ink & paper through my accounts and I don't find it costs too much. some childminders charge parents an 'admin' fee for all the paperwork, but to me its all part and parcel of the job!

good luck x

Bumble Beez
22-08-2013, 12:56 PM
The logo looks great :thumbsup: I like it...

Paperwork...urgh...my poor printer is always on the go!! But its a Kodak so doesn't cost a fortune to print from!

Ok so paperwork for parents to see:

Registration certificate - on wall :D

All relevant training certificates
PLI
Vehicle insurance (if applicable)
Policies and procedures (if you've not got these yet...look at Policies and Procedures (http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/policies_and_procedures.html) for examples that can be tweaked to your setting
DBS checks (when you've got them!)

I have all mine in a folder that the parents can look through when they visit :)

You'll also need, for when the child starts:

Child record forms
All about me forms (or something similar)
Permission forms
Contracts

Have a look in the free downloads section for lots of other paperwork help and downloads too...

Hope that helps a little :thumbsup:

Kerry84
22-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Thank you both, my 'All About me' booklets cover all the permissions and medical forms, but by the looks of that p&p list I need to do more haha! The butterfly and bee were drawn by myself and then my other half come up with this super logo, thank you for the great feedback :-) xx