PDA

View Full Version : Kiddicare brill service !

desiderata
22-08-2013, 12:33 PM
I needed some new car seats so yesterday whilst I did not have any children I went along to our local shopping centre. First I went into Mothercare and was looking at the seats in their and talking a a dad who also needed a new chair for his 8 week old baby, well shall I just say they stagg in there were useless, did not seem to know anything about car seats so I started talking to this parent and explained what I new about chairs to him. he was more than impressed bless him tho the staff were not ! anyway I knew which baby seat I wanted to match the one I already have so I asked for one only to be told they didnt have any in stock they could order one but couldnt be sure when it would be delivered, The parent asked if I could have the one of display and they replied "No of course not !.
Anyway went across the way the the Kiddicare shop and went looking at the seats there when the young assistant came over , I explained to her that I am a childminder and that I have various children throughout the week and that I needed to fit different seats into my car different days. She then very helpfully got another assistant and we got 2 baby seats and a stage 1 car seat and took them out to my car and they duly fitted all 3 into the back of my car then they replaced the two baby seats with the 2 next stage seats as well and made sure they all fitted. Then when I said yes I will buy the one baby seat I need ( I already had one) and the next stage seat they realised they didnt have the baby seat in stock, they arranged to have it delivered today free of charge, I received a message last night to say it had been despatched and then today received a message saying it would be here between 9 36 and 10 36 , telling me which delivery van it would be and the name of the driver. At 9 37 I had a new car seat !! very impressed x just had a phone call tho that the twins I bought if for may not be coming ( s s placement ) :(

loocyloo
22-08-2013, 01:13 PM
I've always found kiddicare to be excellent and likewise can not say the same about mothercare.

where I used to live there was one assistant at mothercare who was fantastic and knew everything about everything - none of the others knew a thing!

clareelizabeth1
22-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Yes I went in to mother are for the new britax dual fix. They kept trying to sell me the britax duo telling me there was no such thing as the dual fix. Really irritated me because they sell the dual fix, but I went somewhere else.

I do like kiddicare though mostly go online for them and its free next day delivery for orders over £30. What could be better.

Daisy De
22-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Mothercare's days are numbered, have been for a long time and if their customer service is as bad as that, the end will be sooner rather than later.

emma04
22-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Mothercare's days are numbered, have been for a long time and if their customer service is as bad as that, the end will be sooner rather than later.

They are expensive and uncompetitive! Unfortunately They still think they are the best and only baby shop!

shortstuff
22-08-2013, 03:04 PM
i find mothercare to be unhelpful and pompous, they also make me feel uncomfortable with their attitudes. I have to say the only time i go in there now is to get ds feet measured.

Where as kiddicare opened a shop nearby and i love going in there. OH complains when i suggest a visit now lol. The staff couldnt be more helpful or friendly, i see them sticking around for a very long time :D

Tazmin68
23-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Hi

I ordered 2 large car seats and 3 booster seats as I needed to replace them so that they all have the ECE R 44 /4 mark on them. I ordered them at 3 pm yesterday and I am due to have them delivered between10.55-11.55 today. How an none not say that this is not good service

Arrived at 11am this morning

Deb