PDA

View Full Version : Rain :(

charlottenash
22-08-2013, 05:37 AM
We had a big day out planned at the 100 aker wooda today, its such a magical place but its tipping it down and thunderstorms predicted.

Trying to think of an alternative as I had nothing planned. We did the softplay yesterday.

16m, 3yo, 4yo. Maybe a day of crafts, baking.

charlottenash
22-08-2013, 05:40 AM
Woods*******

Mrsh3103
22-08-2013, 05:44 AM
I'd be going anyway. Just take Wellies, raincoats & umbrellas. The kids (& you) would have so much fun splashing in the puddles!

bernesewalking
22-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Quite agree the kids would love it, carry on and enjoy it. We have a day at the local children's centre today, it's a prince and princess activity day.

Daisy De
22-08-2013, 06:27 AM
Due to clear up here later but wet at the moment. Just texted parents to remind them to bring wellingtons. After a day in yesterday we are going out rain or shine otherwise my sanity will be in jeopardy :D

Bumble Beez
22-08-2013, 06:30 AM
I would also go anyway...get the wellies on and rain proofs out and go for it :D

It's tipping down here too...got 8 in total today, including my lovely boys so we are going out whether the rain stops or not!!

Sarah x

charlottenash
22-08-2013, 07:31 AM
A 16m old who doesn't walk, not my idea of fun trudging a pushchair through the rainy puddles!

caz3007
22-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Charlotte, what is there at that wood, my SIL talks about it and its not too far from us, we are just inside West Sussex, so maybe worth a look

charlottenash
22-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Its basically a nature walk, lots of trees Etc. there are a lot of Winnie the Pooh parts, piglets house, eeyores sad place, Christopher robins front door etc. massive field in the middle for picnics so kids can run to different parts and you can see them easily. There is also a small petting farm, and a big park on the other side. Overall I find it to be a cheap day out because you only pay for the car park and the farm (the farm is rubbish 2bh I wouldn't go back in). It's big so lots of tiring out! I'm not keen on taking young children because its alot of pushing in the pushchair which is ok on a sunny day.

Wouldn't drive more than an hour to get there in case kids aren't keen.

Make letters to piglet before you go! They have a postbox to post them :)

Tazmin68
22-08-2013, 08:27 AM
I was planning to take children to st Nicholas park in Warwick which has a paddle pool plus rides etc but if believe weather app risk of rain is 70-90 percent and thunderstorms this afternoon not a good idea with 13 month old who does not walk. Thinking of doing it next Tuesday instead.

kellib
22-08-2013, 08:37 AM
We had planned to go to the beach today but its so foggy here I can't see the end of my street!

Tazmin68
23-08-2013, 06:26 AM
Well at 10.20 because weather app said rain and storms and met office dry and it was looking brighter we went!!! Had a brill day out 3 asleep in car on way back. Now just spent a fortune on replacing 2 car seats and 2 booster seats that no longer comply I was shocked with myself I never realised how long I had had them but two of them were originally bought for my own children. Nearly £100 spent but all being delivered today through kiddicare so looking forward to those coming. But at lest I am now all legal and correct. And our local police are prone o going spot checks especially at the beginning of new school year.

Deb

caz3007
23-08-2013, 06:28 AM
Its basically a nature walk, lots of trees Etc. there are a lot of Winnie the Pooh parts, piglets house, eeyores sad place, Christopher robins front door etc. massive field in the middle for picnics so kids can run to different parts and you can see them easily. There is also a small petting farm, and a big park on the other side. Overall I find it to be a cheap day out because you only pay for the car park and the farm (the farm is rubbish 2bh I wouldn't go back in). It's big so lots of tiring out! I'm not keen on taking young children because its alot of pushing in the pushchair which is ok on a sunny day.

Wouldn't drive more than an hour to get there in case kids aren't keen.

Make letters to piglet before you go! They have a postbox to post them :)

Thank you for that, I would probably go with my DS when we want a Sunday out. Its the sort of place he likes. My sister in law talks about it quite a bit and they live in Waterlooville x