PDA

View Full Version : Hours and fees

Happiness
21-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Hi everyone.
I am a new childminder from Hampshire so very new to this. I have just started advertising. I am seeing a mum tomorrow who is a nurse on her maternity leave ATM till November. She just wants to have a quick chat and see my setting. She has already told me when she returns to work she will be doing different days and times most weeks. My question is how do you guys charge parents doing shift work ( different days and times every week)???
Thanks in advance. X

charlottenash
22-08-2013, 05:42 AM
No advice as I haven't done shift workers yet but I'm sure you will get some advice soon.

Welcome and enjoy the forum!

Bumble Beez
22-08-2013, 06:17 AM
If I have someone who has different days and times each week, I charge for every day they may need and a minimum amount of hours.

For example:
I have one LO on a 2 week rota who comes Monday, Thursday and Friday one week and just a Wednesday the next.
I charge for 8 hours a day (max needed by parent) for a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday...half fee for the days not attended that week and full for the days they do attend.
So...
Week one - I charge half fee for Wednesday and full fee for Monday, Thursday and Friday.
Week two - I charge half fee for Monday, Thursday and Friday and full for Wednesday.

I have to keep the days free for the family to use, so that is what I had agreed with them.

Hope that helps :)

Sarah x