PDA

View Full Version : Preparing documents- there's so much involved!

unalindura77
21-08-2013, 06:04 PM
I've just sat down for the whole afternoon preparing a pacey contract and P&P's, terms and conditions and more stuff for a parent for September (if my certificate ever arrives) and wow, I am accustomed to paperwork but that was super stressful!

My back and shoulders are killing me!

I am just thinking now about all the different systems needed, like each seperate childrens folder, learning journeys, accounts etc and I think this is a definite downside to childminding! Ah well I suppose I'll get used to it and become organised, I admire you all!

Chatterbox Childcare
21-08-2013, 06:10 PM
I used to have loads and now it is trimmed down. Parent gets:

Parental Responsibility Form
Consent Form
Safeguarding Form
Contract
Complaints Procedure
EYFS Fact Sheets
Information Sheet

I also do for each child:

Daily Diary
Learning Journey

On top you need:

Risk Assessments
Policies and Procedures
Fire Drill
Accounts
Contracts/Infromation File/all of the above for parents (I keep all mine together for ease)
References folder
Qualifications folder
Some planning system

Once it is in place it doesn't take long to do, just the initial setting up

unalindura77
21-08-2013, 07:22 PM
I used to have loads and now it is trimmed down. Parent gets:

Parental Responsibility Form
Consent Form
Safeguarding Form
Contract
Complaints Procedure
EYFS Fact Sheets
Information Sheet

I also do for each child:

Daily Diary
Learning Journey

On top you need:

Risk Assessments
Policies and Procedures
Fire Drill
Accounts
Contracts/Infromation File/all of the above for parents (I keep all mine together for ease)
References folder
Qualifications folder
Some planning system

Once it is in place it doesn't take long to do, just the initial setting up

So this is the trimmed down version?;) Lol! Thank you :thumbsup: I'll try adopt a similar system to this so as to not have to go through an afternoon like today again, I am trying to find some lockable folders now for the childrens records as they do need to be locked right? Confidentiality and all....

Phew! (wipes brow)

sarah707
22-08-2013, 06:15 AM
It will build up as you go along!!

Have you seen the new documents on Babysitters, Childminders, Nannies, Nanny Jobs, Private Tutors - Childcare.co.uk (http://www.childcare.co.uk?)

Free childcare.co.uk members get pdf copies of sample contracts, permissions, P & Ps list, fees policy... gold childcare.co.uk members get the whole bundle in Word so it can be adapted to suit you.

They might be useful to start you off :D