PDA

View Full Version : Ha Ha typical!!

Bluebell
21-08-2013, 05:52 PM
well having had to jump through a few hoops to become funded and having queried that it should be available to all childminders I today received the news that I meet the criteria to fund from September.

I also received an e-mail letting me know that childminders no longer need to meet the criteria. What timing!!

Anyway I have passed it on to other childminders so hopefully they can offer funding if they wish.

charlottenash
21-08-2013, 05:55 PM
That sounds like something that would happen to me.

Can every CM now offer funded places?

Bluebell
21-08-2013, 06:58 PM
According to the DfE yes - see the other posts in this section of the forum, but some LA's are more slow than others. My LA is Devon. Best bet s to contact your development worker or your LA direct to confirm.

Simona
21-08-2013, 07:38 PM
According to the DfE yes - see the other posts in this section of the forum, but some LA's are more slow than others. My LA is Devon. Best bet s to contact your development worker or your LA direct to confirm.

Excellent !! Good news to hear more and more LAs are including cms....it was worth shouting about

Mrsh3103
21-08-2013, 07:43 PM
I spoke to my la today & they said they know as much as I do about it. I said will all cm's be able to offer funded places? She said the guidelines haven't been released yet and until they are they haven't a clue :-/

Simona
21-08-2013, 08:09 PM
I spoke to my la today & they said they know as much as I do about it. I said will all cm's be able to offer funded places? She said the guidelines haven't been released yet and until they are they haven't a clue :-/

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at the notion the Guidance is still to be released....please LAs give us some credibility...cms are not fools!!

Rick
21-08-2013, 08:33 PM
I received a very similar letter on Monday!