PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight single buggy

sprinkles
21-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Can anyone recommend one? I've got a stroller but looking for something with a bit more support etc. also something that doesn't make them look squashed and can be used for 2/3 year old?

Anyone got a petite star zia?

I've got a teutonia thing but only because it is parent facing - not fussed about that now as not got baby.

mama2three
21-08-2013, 08:25 AM
My petite star zia has just died after about 5 years. I got it originally because of the small fold and the fact that it could lie back. I would definitely recommend it , light and comfortable. Don't get the matching cosy toes though they are tiny!

littlebears1009
21-08-2013, 08:39 AM
My Petite Star Zia was brill. Again i bought it for the compact folded size and opted for that over the quinny zapp as it laid flat!

sprinkles
21-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Thanks :D I think I'm going to get one! Can get them from nursery value for £60-80, reworked but just the same as buying second hand!

Are they quite spacious? So would easily fit a 2/3 year old in? I hate when they look squashed in a buggy!

littlebears1009
21-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Yes definately!

sprinkles
21-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Yes definately!

Whoopa! Just advertised my current buggy and a twin I've been planning to sell to try get some funds together to save me paying myself lol

greanan
21-08-2013, 05:16 PM
I love my petite star zia!! Had it over three years and still like new. Seat is very roomy - 3 and half year old mindee can still get in comfortably if tired. I got mine from nursery value and had footmuff and pram bag included. I'll def be getting another when I need to replace it x

sprinkles
21-08-2013, 06:50 PM
I love my petite star zia!! Had it over three years and still like new. Seat is very roomy - 3 and half year old mindee can still get in comfortably if tired. I got mine from nursery value and had footmuff and pram bag included. I'll def be getting another when I need to replace it x

Can't wait to get it now! Is it the only buggy you have? I have a koochi stroller that I've not actually used so thinking of selling that too as fell I won't use it if I have a zia?

Did you buy it new or reworked from nursery value? x

greanan
21-08-2013, 09:48 PM
I have my mamas and papas 'big' pram which I love but to be honest don't really use, and a few more single buggies but they've been folded up in cupboard for so long I can't remember last time I used them. Zia is my favourite so use it everyday. I bought it new of nursery value but my friend bought one from there reworked and I couldn't tell the difference. When I need to replace it ill go for a reworked one x

sprinkles
21-08-2013, 09:57 PM
I've got a stroller, a teutonia, an out n about double and a Jane powertwin pro! They're all up for sale now except the out n about! Figured I only really need one single and one double as I can only push one at a time haha! Hubby can't wait for me to get rid of them all lol.

Great, I'll have a wee look tomorrow x

halor
21-08-2013, 10:15 PM
I like my baby jogger city mini, it folds almost flat, although square rather than long, and older kids are fine in it too (my 6 year old has gone to sleep in it although he is slight) Used it for my 2 an now for my mindees :-)

sprinkles
21-08-2013, 10:33 PM
ZiaX and Zia 4+....is there much difference apart from number of wheels?

sprinkles
22-08-2013, 06:15 PM
ZiaX and Zia 4+....is there much difference apart from number of wheels?

Anyone know??

muffins
22-08-2013, 07:00 PM
When I brought my zia 4+ 4yrs ago I did so because you could put a car seat on it but not on the 3 wheeler version, not sure if thats still tha case? My friend had the 3 wheeler version and when she borrowed mine said it felt sturdier but I've never tried them both myself. I got mine from nursery value and its still going strong.:D

sprinkles
22-08-2013, 07:05 PM
When I brought my zia 4+ 4yrs ago I did so because you could put a car seat on it but not on the 3 wheeler version, not sure if thats still tha case? My friend had the 3 wheeler version and when she borrowed mine said it felt sturdier but I've never tried them both myself. I got mine from nursery value and its still going strong.:D

I may go for the 4+ then as we have cobbles in the town so sturdier the better. I've been looking on nursery value but can seem to get on the website on my iPad grrr.

muffins
22-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Just another though there is one major downside to this buggy, the basket is soooo small it might as well not be there! At the most you could fit the rain cover and a jumper in it!:(

sprinkles
22-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Just another though there is one major downside to this buggy, the basket is soooo small it might as well not be there! At the most you could fit the rain cover and a jumper in it!:(

Basket size doesn't really bother me as I don't take much out anyway.

Nursery value website is down and I really need to order....just sold my current single buggy and stroller is going away tomorrow :panic: can't get on at all :(

sprinkles
23-08-2013, 06:36 AM
Now it's working but they don't have any zia4 in stock :(