PDA

View Full Version : bank holiday charging, help

Npg1
20-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Hi. I have a new mindee and he comes mon tues and fridays. Mum clearly hadn't read the contract properly while we were filling it in and I put I charge full fees. She text me tonight and asked what I do about bank holidays and I said I charge as normal, her reply was 'ok, I will probably still bring him as I can get loads of housework done!!!!' What do I say to that? !

leeanne910
20-08-2013, 09:31 PM
What does your contract say. I have in mine that i charge usual rate for bank holidays when not workin them and £7 per hour if requested to work them

vikiwizz
20-08-2013, 09:36 PM
The new Pacey contracts have a tick box that's says do you work bank holidays yes-no did you use the new ones?

Npg1
20-08-2013, 09:41 PM
No old ncma ones. It says am I available to work on bh tick yes or no so I ticked yes and then the rate and I put normal fees.

Guess I have kicked myself! I thought she wouldbt send him and I would have a day off lol

vikiwizz
20-08-2013, 10:29 PM
If you have ticked yes then you haven't got much of a choice :(
Lesson learnt ;)

charlottenash
21-08-2013, 05:26 AM
If I was paying, I'd also send my child. Why not?

You've learnt your lesson the hard way :(

EmmaReed84
21-08-2013, 06:12 AM
Ooops! I would perhaps explain to parent about the mistake, and offer to have child on BH for the standard fee but then advise her you will have to amend the contract.

Write out letter giving formal notice of a change to the contract. Get parent to sign it, photocopy it and keep it with the original contract. Also amend the mistake on the contract, date and initial next to it and get parent to do the same.