PDA

View Full Version : Inspection tomorrow. Very scared

bunnyjess
20-08-2013, 11:47 AM
I've got my first ofsted inspection tomorrow and I'm extremely nervous. I believe all of my paperwork is good and up together and I've done everything my early years coordinator has told me to do but I just can't help thinking something's going to go wrong.
As its my first one I'm not too sure what to expect? I only have one 3 year old who is normally well behaved and have planned to make a picture with different materials.
Does anyone have any tips or advice? They will be greatly appreciated

hectors house
20-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Just wanted to wish you good luck - don't try anything too complicated with your mindee or it could back fire but try to work on something you have identified in your observations as a next steps. eg: if child could do a 8 piece puzzle, try to introduce one a little harder or make the picture you are planning with different material based on something the child is interested in eg: butterfly, car

Let us know how it goes and any feedback you get. :)

scottishlass
20-08-2013, 11:59 AM
I've got my first ofsted inspection tomorrow and I'm extremely nervous. I believe all of my paperwork is good and up together and I've done everything my early years coordinator has told me to do but I just can't help thinking something's going to go wrong.
As its my first one I'm not too sure what to expect? I only have one 3 year old who is normally well behaved and have planned to make a picture with different materials.
Does anyone have any tips or advice? They will be greatly appreciated

Hi bunnyjess!

I had my first inspection last Thursday although am in Scotland so was with care inspectorate!

I think as long as all your paperwork is completely up to date you will be fine! My folders were looked through thoroughly and I was asked lots of questions about child protection and parent participation etc but to be honest it was actually ok!! Am just glad it's done now!

Good luck xx

Rachel6
20-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Lots of stories ofsted never mind if you are reading to a child,picture lotto game,building things so you can talk to ofsted but also help little one out. Good luck you will be fine x

bunnyjess
20-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Thank you guys :-) that's made me feel a lot better. I will let you all know how it goes x

charlottenash
20-08-2013, 01:16 PM
You will be fine, try and relax, smile, you will be fine!

ivy
20-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Pob lwc - good luck .

blue bear
20-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Try and relax and be as normal as possible. If you don't know the answer ask for time to think, act as you would if you had any other visitor, stay in charge don't go doing things you wouldn't normally just because the inspector is there.

mum24
20-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Just wanted to add mybgoodcwishes to everyone else's, hope all goes well for you.

jackie 7
20-08-2013, 08:46 PM
We will all be thinking of you. I know you will be awake most of the night Good luck.

bunnyjess
21-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Inspection went very well. Thank you everyone

FussyElmo
21-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Inspection went very well. Thank you everyone

That's good to hear - will you come back and give us some feedback on it please :thumbsup:

scottishlass
21-08-2013, 04:47 PM
That's great we'll done xx

Bumble Beez
21-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Well done you! :clapping:

AliceK
21-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Well Done.
Bet you're glad its over with now :thumbsup:

xxxx