PDA

View Full Version : You know you're a childminder when

kellyskidz!
20-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Found this on cm friends facebook and it made me laugh!

You know you're a Childminder when..
You know all the words to the Dora the Explorer theme song but not a single chart song
You know more about Iggle Piggle's day than your own partner's
Doing 15+ nappies a day is the norm and you're sure you hold some kind of record
You can make playdough better than you can make lasagne
You have perfected 'the look' when a child misbehaves and sometimes use it on friends/family/checkout staff
You can get 6 children to sleep within 20minutes flat without using hypnosis or alcohol
You find yourself saying 'I'm not going to tell you again' then repeating it 5minutes later
You catch yourself arranging your partner's lunch into a 'smiley face' so he eats it all up
Checking your hair for headlice becomes a major part of your beauty regime.
The word OFSTED makes you break out in a rash
You no longer decorate your home, and tell visitors the handprints and smudges on the walls give it a 'unique look'
Your garage resembles Mothercare's pushchair/carseat department
You can no longer have passengers over 5 years old in your car due to the number of car seats
Being asked by curious strangers 'are all these yours?' is a daily event
You can't remember the last time you sat on your sofa without sitting on a toy, Lego piece or juice cup
You have bead frames and jigsaws where you used to have fancy ornaments and candles
Kids love visiting your house, adults avoid it
You regularly get in from a day out to find you've had a sticker/baby sick/food stuck to your leg all day
You no longer throw anything away. That milk bottle? It's now a rocket. That cereal box? Obviously a robot body.
You consider Mummy Pig, Mummy Rabbit and Mummy Zebra as some of your closest friends
Navigating through your house like its an obstacle course; through baby gates, over toys, under hanging displays. You know the drill.
Your neighbours don't talk to you as much as they used to
You finish your day covered in glue, glitter, snot, milk and paint and CAN'T WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN TOMORROW!

hectors house
20-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Agree with every line of that - would like to add "ask adult visitors when they have used to loo if they have washed their hands properly" as sometimes they seem just too quick!

kellyskidz!
20-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Agree with every line of that - would like to add "ask adult visitors when they have used to loo if they have washed their hands properly" as sometimes they seem just too quick!

Lol yes that's a good one!!

smurfette
20-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Brilliant . So true !

ziggy
20-08-2013, 12:03 PM
I get into trouble keep asking new partner and 15 yr old grandaughter 'do you need a wee?'. Have been known to say it when out with friends for meals as well:blush:

lizduncan72
20-08-2013, 01:02 PM
I'll often be out with my teenagers or DH and point out fire engines, police cars, tractors etc to them!!

charlottenash
20-08-2013, 01:14 PM
I'll often be out with my teenagers or DH and point out fire engines, police cars, tractors etc to them!!

You should wave at the fire engine when your out with your DH... Watch his face haha!!!

kellyskidz!
20-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Lol also guilty of doing that. Ooooooh a digger, oh sorry mum, forgot you're not 3 :laughing:

donna porter
20-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Love this. Would love to find more funny quotes for Facebook .

Jiorjiina
20-08-2013, 06:27 PM
How about if the local bus drivers know you and the kids by name? Or if you can plan a hugely successful day trip by just staying on the bus while it loops around a major local construction site? (So. many. diggers. and mixers. and cranes... :eek:)

Glitter
20-08-2013, 06:52 PM
When out with your 12 year old daughter and her friend you get hold of their hands to cross the road (also a good way to get out of going shopping with them again as I am too embarrassing!).

You put on the CD player in the car and listen to nursery rhymes for 20 minutes before you realise you are alone.

You find yourself compairing every child you meet to the development matters.

You cut up your husbands food in to tiny pieces before you give it to him.

Mrsh3103
20-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Your shopping online for a new dress and you see one with different shapes printed on it (squares, triangles, squares & circles) and you think oooooooo it would really help my 3yo mindee who is struggling with shapes if I wore this!!!!!!

lizduncan72
20-08-2013, 08:29 PM
My DS is always complaining that its 'baby music' in the car cos I don't even notice now that I haven't changed the disc!! I'll drive around all weekend with it on!

scottishlass
20-08-2013, 09:59 PM

Haha ! I do that although my new one is pointing out birds which both my little mindees love and to my 11 year old daughters embarrassment I speak to everyone! She doesn't get why I HAVE to say morning to everyone! Although I was like this before childninding too! Xx

donna porter
21-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Or when you start leaving the toilet door open cos u know your gonna get followed anyway. Not so good when u do that at a friends house lol

Bumble Beez
21-08-2013, 01:34 PM
...you still wake up at stupid o'clock at the weekends
...you get excited in the storage section at Ikea
...you get a buzz out of laminating something
...you have a secret stash of tissues, wipes and hand sanitiser in your handbag

:laughing: