PDA

View Full Version : mum has gastroenteritis, do i look after her children?

mandy herr
20-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Hiya, just had a text from a mum, informing me that she has been signed off work for a week as she has gastroenteritis. she texted that it is only her that has it, the children are fine, and could i still have them this week? she also put it wasn't contagious ( which i know it is) now do i still have them as they are fine at the moment? but i dont want to risk bringing it into my home. if i dont have them, what would you charge? as they are down for 11 hours this week?
thanks guys for reading,
hope you can help.
mandy

FussyElmo
20-08-2013, 09:12 AM
If you refuse to have them then no I don't see that you can charge.

Personally I don't think you can refuse a child just in case they get ill :thumbsup:

hectors house
20-08-2013, 09:14 AM
I don't think you can still charge if you exclude them - it's the mum who is poorly not the children. The mum has been honest and told you she is ill, if you refuse to have them next time she is ill she won't bother telling you. At least now you can ensure that you minimise risk of injection by ensuring you have strict handwashing and anti bac gel routine, separate towels or use paper towels, don't allow the children to kiss each other, limit toys to ones that can be sprayed with anti bac and try to make sure you spend as much time playing out in the fresh air.:thumbsup:

mandy herr
20-08-2013, 09:20 AM
thanks guys! I will have them, and your right, at least the mum was honest.:)

kellyskidz!
20-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Agree also, have them in but tell mum if they show any signs of illness at home she needs to keep them off
As has been said keep hygiene as upmost importance and keep close eye on kids to make sure they're not ill xx