PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me find a post about Ofsted and their stance on Facebook

AgentTink
20-08-2013, 07:45 AM
I have been searching for ages and i now think that i might have dreamed it :rolleyes: but im sure someone in the last few months posted a email from Ofsted which clarifies their postion on using facebook. Am i going mad or could anyone point me in the right direction? thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Mouse
20-08-2013, 08:18 AM
I remember seeing a post where someone had had a reply from Ofsted saying about using Facebook. I can't remember whether it was here or on FB that I saw it...and I can't remember what it says!

I've got a feeling it was the usual Ofsted, vague reply!

FussyElmo
20-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Cant say I recall this email and the post.

Simona
01-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Just found this post...how very interesting...why would Ofsted have a say on providers using FB?
Are they just concerned about FB or all social media?
The only thing I worry about FB is making sure Confidentiality and Data Protection are of paramount importance so neither children, families or cm are identified...is that what this relates to?
Let us know

Kiddleywinks
01-09-2013, 09:14 AM
I remember seeing a post where someone had had a reply from Ofsted saying about using Facebook. I can't remember whether it was here or on FB that I saw it...and I can't remember what it says!

I've got a feeling it was the usual Ofsted, vague reply!

I'm with Mouse - I recall seeing something, but can't remember where now..... but I think the general gist was that they're not interested per se, so long as data protection and confidentiality was maintained and you have a digital media policy - but please don't hold me to that as I don't have a business/parents facebook account and have no intentions of doing one so the information wasn't relevant enough for me to remember the details lol

Simona
01-09-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm with Mouse - I recall seeing something, but can't remember where now..... but I think the general gist was that they're not interested per se, so long as data protection and confidentiality was maintained and you have a digital media policy - but please don't hold me to that as I don't have a business/parents facebook account and have no intentions of doing one so the information wasn't relevant enough for me to remember the details lol

I agree with your view ..very much what I do