PDA

View Full Version : Hourly Rate -v- Daily Rate and Holidays ?????

button68
05-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Happy New Year Everyone :)

All my checks are now back so just waiting on my Ofsted Certificate - feel like it is really going to happen now :clapping:

Have blown the dust off all my paperwork - my inspection was back at the begining of October :eek: Now I need to sort out the Nitty Gritty as I have parents waiting.

So do I go for daily rate or hourly rate?? What are the pro's and con's of each?

Also I don't know how to 'play' holidays. There seem to be so many combinations I could go for:

a) My holidays they don't pay.

b) They pay full fee for their holidays.

c) They can have upto 4 weeks holidays (per annum) at half fee but any more than 4 is full fee.

d) They can have upto 4 weeks holidays (per annum) with out paying but any more than 4 is full fee - not keen on this one :idea:

I'm sure there are more combo's ...........

Shall I specify that I won't take anyone that X number of holidays a year??

One parent is easy because they want term time only and we have agreed to half fee during school holidays (although we haven't agreed the actual 'FEE'!!)

Mandy xx

Spangles
05-01-2008, 01:52 PM
I just do a straight hourly rate at the moment but I may change this at some point as time goes on! I'm feeling my way at the moment!

I charge full fee for their holidays but no fee for mine - same for sickness.

chubbymummy
05-01-2008, 02:18 PM
i'm same as lorri

full pay for their sickness/holidays

no pay for my sickness/holidays

just work out what you feel is best for you, but make sure that parents know when they sign contract.

emler
05-01-2008, 02:34 PM
I charge a set hourly rate but I only have part-timers at the moment. I would work out a daily rate for full timers which would work out slightly cheaper. I don't charge anything when I'm on holiday or sick. I charge half fees for parents holidays. Hope this helps.
Good luck with it

Emler x

fionamal
05-01-2008, 04:02 PM
At moment I charge an hourly rate as its only part-timers I have but did wonder about a set daily rate for fulltime.
No fee for my sickness or holidays and half fee for kids hols but full fee for kids sickness.

Lou
05-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Everyone does things differently and you have to decide what works best for you.

I charge an hourly rate, or daily rate, the daily rate is slightly cheaper to encourage people to book the whole day.

Full fee for their hols/sickness

No fee for my hols/sickness

My golden rule is if my service is available and they do not use it for whatever reason, then they pay full fee.

If my service is not available then they pay nothing.

My only exception to this is bank holidays, i charge full fee (if its a day they would normally attend) but i do not take children.

There is lots to weigh up and you will more than likely change things as you get more confident in your business.

Goo luck,

angeldelight
05-01-2008, 08:38 PM
I do the same as Lou

I think you will learn as you go along what works best for yourself

Good luck

Angel xx

staciew1985
05-01-2008, 08:43 PM
i offer hourly rate but i also offer a daily rate of typical 8 hours and i state if they go on daily rate but need ten hrs a day for example the hourly rate is added on top. i have one lady that does this i have her little girl 11 hrs one day a week and she gets charged daily amount then the other hours on top. holiday i state 4 weeks for me no pay and their holiday 4 weeks full pay

i also charge a higher hourly rate for the first hour for school aged children

deeb66
09-01-2008, 02:52 PM
I prefer to charge by hourly rate...but as others said you have to do what you think is best for you