PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of foul mood!!

AdeleMarie88
19-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Hey all prob sounds incredibly stupid but I can't shake this bad mood and I am really worried I'm becoming increasingly bad at my job, is this normal, do other CMs ever feel like this? I am just so irritable and I don't know what to do about it!!!

Leela
19-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Hi this doesn't sound stupid but you do need to work out what is wrong, is it the job or something else? Are you feeling alright otherwise ? You could be tired and in need of a break.

beachgirl29
19-08-2013, 09:17 PM
This job is stressful...when was your last time off maybe you just need to step back? and are you having a bad time with parents/kids that can really get you down. xxxx Big hug. x

jadavi
19-08-2013, 10:05 PM
I get this from time to time especially after a breakaway and I think do I really want to be a childminder.
But I find really engaging with a child over a book or activity or laughing over some thing gets me thru it.
When I feel detached from it all it is easy to stay detached and the problem gets worse. If I force myself to engage closely it really helps me- that and a good walk after work.

Samijanec
20-08-2013, 08:00 AM
I just take a long hot bath and go to bed with my iPad, always cheers me up!

Or just treat my family to a meal out. :)

Just pack your last mindee off for the night and away out you go..

hectors house
20-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Could it be hormone related - try some evening primrose or other vitamins and minerals to give yourself a boost. Have you got a particular child or day that gets you down? When I have had a difficult child I have treated myself to a new top or haircut and in my mind said "X paid for that" - it makes you like them more, as you wouldn't get your treat without them!

Keep a simple diary over the week - identify what you did when you felt happy and uplifted eg; walk in the fresh air
and what got you down - eg: difficult child or parent, state of the house - what can you do to turn more of your down moments into happy ones.

Hope you feel better soon.

kellyskidz!
20-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Don't worry, we all get overwhelmed with this job, its a very demanding job
We're all like a doctor, mother, friend, activity planner, coordinator, chef, owner, manager, entertainer, observer, taxi driver, and so many other things every day, its bound to be stressful at times.
Even the most 'perfect' childminder will have days where they have a wobble and think oh god, that's all part of it!
But if its really getting you down why not write a list of good and bad point of minding, if that's the problem, and if there's more bad then try to change them over a period of time, then look again and see if things have improved for you
Sending hugs and good luck xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
20-08-2013, 11:09 AM
I get like this when I stay in doors for too long. I give myself a swift kick up the bum and plan more time out and try and interact with others so you are not on your own

shortstuff
20-08-2013, 01:17 PM
if its any consolation i just went out with the double buggy and buggy board as the LOs were being mischevious. A nice walk up hill pushing that lot was enough to deflate even the worst mood. Try some physical exertion when you feel like that it might help x

KatieFS
20-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Jadavi I feel like this after holidays. It's a wrench getting everything out again ready for the little ones. It's lovely to look after them but all the clutter gets to me sometimes!

donna porter
20-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Sounds like summer holiday blues to me! I've Been the same. Roll on September!

AdeleMarie88
24-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Yes I agree combination of things, a nice long weekend is going to be amazing!! :)

SJ35
24-08-2013, 09:57 AM
I take evening primrose oil each day 3000mg , and it makes such a difference. I was so grumpy each month and snappy and fed up. But now , although I still get slightly moody each month it's so much better. Might be worth a try?
Enjoy the long weekend.
X

Samijanec
24-08-2013, 12:22 PM
How are you feeling now? Much better I hope. X

AdeleMarie88
26-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Yes much better thank you all, I think I had just got stuck into daily routine, work until 6, paper work for hour or so, tea, bath and bed, so it's amazing to have a break!

Samijanec
27-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Yes much better thank you all, I think I had just got stuck into daily routine, work until 6, paper work for hour or so, tea, bath and bed, so it's amazing to have a break!

It's amazing how refreshed you feel after even a small break isn't it. Glad you're feeling better.. :) x