PDA

View Full Version : One of those days!!

donna porter
19-08-2013, 04:52 PM
I need a drink! This morning my youngest mindee threw up all over me, then as I was cleaning that up the cat knocked over a glass and smashed it. Then my asda shopping arrived , all while the older children were fighting and screaming at each other! The delivery driver could wait to get out of here! Lol
On top of that the 'difficult' child I look after is starting to put pressure on my marriage. I got a text message from dh commenting on how he hopes I won't be so grumpy when the kids are back at school . I'm totally drained just lately. Roll on September!

CLL
19-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Sounds like a long tiring day. Go out for a nice quiet walk or sit in the back garden by yourself for a while. I am now off for 2 weeks, I don't think I could have coped much longer. I did not enjoy the last 4 weeks.

bernesewalking
19-08-2013, 05:30 PM
I no what you mean, wish I never got up this morning, we have been to vist a petting farm today, firstly I applied sun cream to one mindee who does have allergies but has used this cream for ages, well within minutes he developed a rash and hives very itchy so after speaking to dad gave him piriton which soon sorted it, so off to the farm we went, we bought some goat food and after showing the children how to keep palms flat one mindee got bitten,luckily just caught side of nail, sorted that out, rang mum just in case she needed a tetanus but all fine, got home children went into garden, just then the same child who was bitten got stung by a wasp, poor lass was very brave, luckily mum was ok too, times like this when I want to walk away.

samb
19-08-2013, 05:51 PM
It must be something in the air as I've had a bad day too! each of the 6 children I've had today has majorly kept me on my toes and at no point did they play together! Not even 2 of them. So the park was really hard work - they were 1,2,3,5,5and7 (last 2 being mine)

Really hoping for a better day tomorrow!

SYLVIA
19-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Sounds like I'm the only one enjoying the school hols. But I have to say it's been a bit muddled, with many of our planned days being cancelled or re-arranged as children going to friends house, workshops etc. I got a huge amount of Quadro off ebay this weekend and the two mindees here today and I have spent the day building a huge castle in the garden. Hoping this will keep them happy this week. Sorry to here you're having a tough time, hope it gets better and you can enjoy the end of the hols

loocyloo
19-08-2013, 08:13 PM
today was my last day before back to work after 2 weeks off ...

had planned to go fossil hunting and then play on the beach/picnic and DS wanted to spend giftcards burning a hole in his wallet! ...

however - after a fantastic and busy weekend ( 2 incredibly late nights/early mornings ) camping - neither of my children were even anywhere close to being awake in time to get up/have breakfast and leave in time to get to organised fossil hunt ( can only be done at low tide! ) and if I had wpken them up, it would not have been fun as they would have been tired & grumpy! I also woke up yesterday with a swollen knee, which was worse today so I rang drs and had to wait for dr to ring me back and then had an appt late afternoon ( got antibiotics for an infection in my knee ). I wouldn't have been up for clambering over rocks etc or even much walking! had a lazy day ( I got a pile of paperwork done ) and then my 2 went swimming whilst I sat & watched. they enjoyed it, but as tired have been bickering all day :(

I am so not ready to work tomorrow! the infection in my knee/combined with antibiotics is making me feel all fluey and I don't have the energy to think about doing anything! hopefully everyone will be so excited at being back and seeing each other that we can just free play all day! well - that's my plan!

xx

VeggieSausage
20-08-2013, 08:08 AM
a child I look after part time during the term and full time in the holidays is driving me to distraction.....I had forgotten how much he is always on the go, he runs everywhere, talks non stop and is an accident liability, is 3.5 but cannot be left for a moment......blimey its hard work with the others as well....although he is generally very sweet, he is hard work and would it be awful for me to say a little bit irritating .....

smurfette
20-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Sounds like I'm the only one enjoying the school hols. But I have to say it's been a bit muddled, with many of our planned days being cancelled or re-arranged as children going to friends house, workshops etc. I got a huge amount of Quadro off ebay this weekend and the two mindees here today and I have spent the day building a huge castle in the garden. Hoping this will keep them happy this week. Sorry to here you're having a tough time, hope it gets better and you can enjoy the end of the hols

Ooh I love quadro. A friend had it when we were growing up and we had hours of entertainment! What category did you find it under in eBay just had a look!

Samijanec
20-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Ooh I love quadro. A friend had it when we were growing up and we had hours of entertainment! What category did you find it under in eBay just had a look!

Being slightly dumb here but what's quadro?

charlottenash
20-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Gosh my 16month old mindee is just getting to the 'no' stage, everything requires a no, today she put mud an inch from her lips, if I hadn't said sternly 'stop, no' I wouldn't have reached her in time to stop her eating it... Some are just in a very wonderful world where everything is perfect I'm sure...

lizduncan72
20-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Sounds like we're all having bad days today!!! My 8 month old mindee has cried non stop all day apart from half an hours nap, finally stopped a few minutes ago till dd (18 months) walked past and accidentally bumped her with a toy-cue more screaming!! Dd is full if cold so she's miserable and older mindee wee'd on the sofa!! Wonder why I've got a headache! Roll on home time :)

KatieFS
20-08-2013, 04:45 PM
See my thread...

I'm feeding new babies and 2 y/o comes into the room with poo in hand.

Nnnnnnooooooooooooo!

donna porter
20-08-2013, 04:52 PM
See my thread...

I'm feeding new babies and 2 y/o comes into the room with poo in hand.

Nnnnnnooooooooooooo!

Ok you win!!!! Lol!!! :-)

mrstom
20-08-2013, 05:07 PM
today was my last day before back to work after 2 weeks off ...

had planned to go fossil hunting and then play on the beach/picnic and DS wanted to spend giftcards burning a hole in his wallet! ...

however - after a fantastic and busy weekend ( 2 incredibly late nights/early mornings ) camping - neither of my children were even anywhere close to being awake in time to get up/have breakfast and leave in time to get to organised fossil hunt ( can only be done at low tide! ) and if I had wpken them up, it would not have been fun as they would have been tired & grumpy! I also woke up yesterday with a swollen knee, which was worse today so I rang drs and had to wait for dr to ring me back and then had an appt late afternoon ( got antibiotics for an infection in my knee ). I wouldn't have been up for clambering over rocks etc or even much walking! had a lazy day ( I got a pile of paperwork done ) and then my 2 went swimming whilst I sat & watched. they enjoyed it, but as tired have been bickering all day :(

I am so not ready to work tomorrow! the infection in my knee/combined with antibiotics is making me feel all fluey and I don't have the energy to think about doing anything! hopefully everyone will be so excited at being back and seeing each other that we can just free play all day! well - that's my plan!

xx

I'm on antibiotics for an infection in my knee too!

Initially thought I'd knocked it but my whole leg swelled up and became really hot and red. I'm just about to start my second batch of 5 days of antibiotics - should see it off hopefully. Luckily I'm still off for another 2 weeks but it's hard work looking after my two grumpy whiners this week.

shortstuff
20-08-2013, 05:15 PM
must be something in the air today the three i had are always great and today they were like they were possessed. the boy his one of his sisters and punched the toy DS was holding. One of the girls smeared her sandwich all over my patio doors and then threw it on the floor and the other one was just a pickle.

SJ35
20-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Yes definately something in the air today!

My 18 mth mindee is teething and had been screaming and grumpy all day :(

Then we went to the park this afternoon and my 13 year old dd starting being a pain so I had to send her home. (Only 2 min walk from park)

My 5 year old dd fell off her bike- cue lots of tears even though she fell on grass and was fine lol!!
Was so glad when half 5 came!

I left my two downstairs eating tea and have just had a nice hot bath and glass of wine :) feeling more human now :)

Dh is now going to sort bedtime for the youngest while I hide with my kindle for half an hour!
Hope tomorrow is calmer for everyone. Xx

shortstuff
20-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Ive only got 2 littleys tmw n after 2pm till 6.30 so an easier one for me x