PDA

View Full Version : Social services check before or after Pre -Reg visit?

unalindura77
19-08-2013, 03:45 PM
When I rang Ofsted a few weeks ago before I had my pre reg visit, the lady on the other end ran through a checklist of everything that was ready 'doctors questionnaire, etc etc, social services checks' and then said you will be contacted by the inspector.

So it's been two weeks since I had my successful visit and no certificate. I called Ofsted and they said that they are waiting on my social services check.

I thought these were done before the visit and I heard the lady say previously on the phone it was back? Wierd?

So I am a little worried now as I have two children on waiting list for September which I thought would be enough time?

Oh dear!

sarah707
19-08-2013, 04:47 PM
I thought SS checks were done as part of the dBS disclosure?? Maybe ring again tomorrow a different person might tell you something else!

Hopefully it won't take long! :D

unalindura77
19-08-2013, 04:56 PM
I thought SS checks were done as part of the dBS disclosure?? Maybe ring again tomorrow a different person might tell you something else!

Hopefully it won't take long! :D

Thank you Sarah, that's what I thought too!:(Will ring tomorrow to see what they say.....hopefully something along the lines of it's on it's way!

lisbet
19-08-2013, 05:33 PM
When I was waiting for my pre-reg it was held up by SS checks - I know because Ofsted mistakenly sent the 'reminder' to me instead of SS! :rolleyes:

My certificate took longer than expected to arrive as well. Ofsted said they were waiting for Tribal to check the inspectors report. When I rang Tribal they told me my report was on the list to go to Ofsted that very day (coincidence?:rolleyes:)

Perhaps call Tribal/ Prospects too and see if it is their checks holding up the process??

Hope your certificate is with you very soon! x

shortstuff
19-08-2013, 05:40 PM
i kept getting different answers when calling ofsted too. It is worth calling again as Sarah said. They are good at losing info too x

suziealderton
19-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Hi my ss check held me up too. Ofsted will quite happily blame ss for the hold up, and they wont chase it up or anything :( what i did ( and it was a little bit naughty!) was ring social services myself and explain the situation. Imagine my suprise when they said they hadnt heard of me but had sent off my hubby and kids info. Surely this should have sent an alarm bell going off with ofsted? But lets face it they arent known for being reliable of efficient! Sorry rant over!

So i would recommend phoning social services direct-be super polite and im sure they will help you like they did me. Good luck x

unalindura77
20-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Thanks guys - will definitely call them today to see what's going on!

suziealderton
20-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Thanks guys - will definitely call them today to see what's going on!

Good luck keep us posted! X

unalindura77
20-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Good luck keep us posted! X

Thanks Suzie!

Rang Ofsted and it's definitely SS checks holding everything up....she said 'we sent them a reminder on the 16th so cannot send another reminder for 7 days' so I asked if it was x borough SS and she said yes, so I rang SS and was put through to several departments before I spoke to another clueless person who said to me you need to speak to x, our LA childminding lead! I said was she sure I needed to contact her and do they carry out the checks to her reply 'she'll know'.

Honestly!:angry::angry:

shortstuff
20-08-2013, 02:30 PM
I would phone ss again and speak to a different person of possible as they are as bad as ofsted.

I remembered after reading other replies i had the same issues and only when i chased it did they bother as the ofsted and ss systems werent communicating properly so ss never got the chasers?