PDA

View Full Version : Sickness Bug Question

melco
19-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Hi,

My husband has come home sick from work today and has just started throwing up!! :panic: I have no minded children here today but will have tomorrow. Do I need to let the parents know in case they do not want to send their children or do I only let them know if myself or my children get it? He can look after himself and will be upstairs out the way but just want to check.

Thanks in advance

melco

hectors house
19-08-2013, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't tell parents if it was my husband or teenage daughter who would be able to look after themselves and stay upstairs. Just hope though that you don't go down with it or you will need to close for 48 hours!

AliceK
19-08-2013, 03:10 PM
I probably wouldn't say anything, he can look after himself and keep out of the way tomorrow. I would just go a bit mad with the anti-bac ing later today for my own peace of mind though. Oh and I wouldn't be sleeping in the same bed as him tonight. I'm a bit OTT when it comes to sickness :panic:

xxxx

lizduncan72
19-08-2013, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't say anything-just keep him upstairs out of the way and do a good clean tonight! And I agree with Alice-I wouldn't be sleeping in the same bed either!!!

melco
19-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Anti-bac already sprayed and me and kids are keeping away. Thanks for your replies. Its what I thought but wanted to check.

Thanks

melco

bunyip
19-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Your biggest area of risk is probably with regard to cross-infection through food storage/preparation.

It's a grey area as CMs' premises are both domestic premises and a food business.

If it were strictly food business premises, the 48-hour rule would apply.

Depends on how much of a chance you're prepared to take. There'd be serious consequences if it went wrong. :(

melco
19-08-2013, 03:28 PM
I don't provide the food for the children they bring their own. Would that make a difference?

bunyip
19-08-2013, 03:33 PM
I don't provide the food for the children they bring their own. Would that make a difference?

I think that would certainly reduce the risk considerably.

Have a management plan that keeps DH out of the kitchen and boil-wash all his cups, utensils, etc. and anything else you can do to minimise the risk.

Ultimately it's your call.

bunyip
19-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Just realised I've endorsed the idea of the woman doing everything and keeping the DH out of the kitchen whilst she waits on him.

OMG - the members are gonna burn me for this one. :eek: :eek: :eek:

melco
19-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Well for my own piece of mind I have informed both parents of the children coming tomorrow and they have both decided to send them. The way they see it they would rather take time off work when their child is sick than take time off just in case they get it.

My DD is now saying she feels ill, I don't know whether this is a put on for some sympathy or the real thing. Time will tell I suppose