PDA

View Full Version : Variation on hold due to EYFS

Gherkin
11-07-2008, 12:17 PM
So I sent off my variation to get my son classed as a rising 5 once he starts school in spetember but had a call in the week saying that they were not going to change anything as the EYFS was still being debated and that everything is very difficult to acertain as there is some worry about what to do if the rising 5 child is the childminders own child.

Basically read this as it is going to be another very lean year financially for me and I am peed off.

SimplyLucy
11-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Panic not my dear!

It was confirmed yesterday that the rising 5's are going to stay the same as they are now in September.

I started a thread on it yesterday.

I've also had it confirmed this morning by my OFSTED inspector who rang to re-book my inspection.

sarah707
11-07-2008, 12:20 PM
That does sound very odd...

Have you seen the thread from simplylucy about the ratios being sorted?

I would get back to them and query it again ... :rolleyes:

Pudding Girl
11-07-2008, 12:29 PM
So I sent off my variation to get my son classed as a rising 5 once he starts school in spetember but had a call in the week saying that they were not going to change anything as the EYFS was still being debated and that everything is very difficult to acertain as there is some worry about what to do if the rising 5 child is the childminders own child.

Basically read this as it is going to be another very lean year financially for me and I am peed off.

Someone I know from Netmums was told something similar and I told her they were wrong :blush: that it matters not whose child it is! Maybe I have it wrong after all?!
Why would they differentiate though, what difference does it make??

brillminder
11-07-2008, 02:18 PM
if the child is at school full time they will not count in your numbers when there ?? :) . But then with your own young ones arnt your numbers done say your allowed 6 but 1 own child under 8 so leaves 5 !

Donkey
11-07-2008, 06:53 PM
maybe something to do with what if your own child is a rising 5 and then they are ill??????

just a theory!