PDA

View Full Version : Changing insurance

Kirsty90
18-08-2013, 04:10 PM
I've decided I want to change my insurer from pacey to MM but my insurance with pacey doesn't expire until the end of the year. I'm returning to work from maternity next month & would like to use MMs contracts when I renew them all but I know I'm only covered by pacey if I'm using their contracts so I was just going to get insurance from MM starting September & let my other one expire. I know I'm paying out for insurance earlier than I need to but I would rather just start everything fresh when I return to work. Does it matter if they over lap?

Thanks

Kirsty x

VeggieSausage
18-08-2013, 04:12 PM
no it won't matter, you will be doubly as insured!

Chatterbox Childcare
18-08-2013, 06:30 PM
When I left MM for Pacey I got a rebate - might be worth asking

bunyip
18-08-2013, 07:41 PM
It's essential that you have continuous cover in order to operate legally. That said, I would avoid having an overlap for too long where you are covered by 2 policies. Insurance companies are notorious for wanting someone else to pay. This happened when a friend of mine had his camera stolen on holiday. The holiday insurance company told him to claim through his home contents insurer, and guess what they told to do....? :(

Most regular insurance policies will refund you pro-rata for unused time if you cancel the policy, after deducting a cancellation/admin fee first. :)

Kirsty90
18-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Thanks everyone ill contact pacey tomorrow and cancel the policy & have my MM insurance start straight away instead of September xx