PDA

View Full Version : A little help re planning please.

EmmaReed84
18-08-2013, 03:24 PM
The other day mindee asked me what I was doing so I said "Chopping some veg for dinner" Mindee said "No! You're chopping up carrots!" so I replied with "Yes, vegetables, carrots are vegetables" and she shook her head and said "NO! Carrots are carrots!" then rolled her eyes an walked off LOL!

At the moment I am doing a lot of work in "sorting" with her so sorting colours, shapes, sizes etc.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can incorporate vegetables and fruit in to sorting. What kind of activities can I do.

P.S. I am totally not green fingered at all! :blush:

blue bear
18-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Look up a recipe, write out the ingredients into a shopping list and go shopping buying the correct number of each veg, come home and make the veg into a meal to share.
Add real veg into the play kitchen, make up signs like a market stall £x per 100g, add weighing scales and paper bags to the market stall, pens and paper.
Make a home made lotto game or shopping game with fruit veg bakery and tinned items use google images to get pictures.
Do some vegetable paint printing.

EmmaReed84
18-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Look up a recipe, write out the ingredients into a shopping list and go shopping buying the correct number of each veg, come home and make the veg into a meal to share.
Add real veg into the play kitchen, make up signs like a market stall £x per 100g, add weighing scales and paper bags to the market stall, pens and paper.
Make a home made lotto game or shopping game with fruit veg bakery and tinned items use google images to get pictures.
Do some vegetable paint printing.

Oh, I love these ideas!

Just reading some of these has given me more ideas as well.

miffy
18-08-2013, 05:10 PM
There are a few ideas here including a fruit and veg sorting game I've used in the past

Food&Nutrition (http://www.kizclub.com/food.htm)

You could make a poster of different fruits and one for vegetables - let the children cut out and stick pictures on from those supermarket leaflets or magazines

You could sort fruit and vegetables by colour - cut out a circle of orange, one of yellow, one of red and one of green and let the children suggest fruit and veg that are that colour or use pictures again. What other colours can they think of?

Try some vegetable based dishes, eg veggie lasagne - you could tie this in with the recipe idea and make and taste it

Make a graph for which vegetables are the children's favourites - see which veg is the most popular.

Miffy xx