PDA

View Full Version : Receipt

sprinkles
18-08-2013, 02:31 PM
What do you all write on a receipt for payment? I'm reluctant to use a full a4 page just for a receipt? I'm sure I read somewhere that it's more important to give receipt of payment than invoice?

sarah707
18-08-2013, 02:55 PM
I don't use receipts - I give parents the invoice, the payment shows on my bank statement and I highlight it :D

Samijanec
18-08-2013, 02:56 PM
I don't use receipts either, I have a bank account that I only use for childminding so everything's in there...

sprinkles
18-08-2013, 03:06 PM
I don't use receipts - I give parents the invoice, the payment shows on my bank statement and I highlight it :D

Hmm, for some reason I thought I needed to use them! Oh well, less work for me!!

Do you have a bank account just for childminding or do you use your personal one? I have a personal one but I don't have any bills coming off of there - my pay would just go in there then be transferred into our joint account for bills etc so what was left in my account was mine to spend as I pleased.

Bambini2
18-08-2013, 03:26 PM
You can buy a simple receipt book with counterfoils for about £1.25. I always give out a receipt, although perhaps i don't need to:)

Cottonsocks
18-08-2013, 03:28 PM
I give receipts too. When my parents are checked by tax credits they ask for the last year's receipts. I would've thought invoices would suffice top though. It's just something I've always done.

Bambini2
18-08-2013, 03:33 PM
One of my parents gets an email invoice and a receipt but come tax credit time she has always lost them :angry:. So then I end up writing a letter detailing the payments as well. Of course she never says "thank you".:angry::angry:

QualityCare
18-08-2013, 03:49 PM
I always write receipts, l use a separate duplicate book for each parent most parents don't want them but l find it easier to keep track of each payment this way sometimes one parent forgets its their turn to pay with childcare vouchers so its easy for me to see who made the last payment and when, also parents who are on tax credits need receipts for each renewal for this parent l keep them all in the book and give them to her when she needs them that way they don't get lost.

sprinkles
18-08-2013, 04:30 PM
One of my parents gets an email invoice and a receipt but come tax credit time she has always lost them :angry:. So then I end up writing a letter detailing the payments as well. Of course she never says "thank you".:angry::angry:

So do you just send them an email saying you have received their payment of £x for week beginning.....?

scottishlass
18-08-2013, 04:41 PM
I don't do receipts. I just do my invoices and keep a copy for my file and write in this one £300 pd 29/08 or whatever it is xx

sprinkles
18-08-2013, 04:44 PM
I don't do receipts. I just do my invoices and keep a copy for my file and write in this one £300 pd 29/08 or whatever it is xx

Think this is what I'll do! x

migimoo
18-08-2013, 08:45 PM
I just use an old fashioned small invoice book with the bit of carbon paper in...parents get the back copy and mine stay in the book for tax return time...one of my parents was asked to show tax credits proof of her payments and sent all her copies off-they were happy with that.

I write parents name at the top then "Childminding fees for August 2013-20 days x5 hours=£375" then sign the bottom

MessybutHappy
18-08-2013, 10:21 PM
I give receipts for cash but not for bank transfers....
No idea if it's right or wrong, but it works for me!

hectors house
19-08-2013, 06:36 AM
I have made my own printed receipt and then I just fill in with pen the parts that apply ie: week commencing - date
Amount due - ? Meals supplied - ? Total for month - ? Then I fill in how they paid that money - cash, cheque, bank transfer, childcare vouchers - with total paid at the bottom.

I give parents this receipt (A5 size) I can print 2 out of an A4 sheet - I don't have a copy, I also write on bottom of attendance register how much they have paid and mostly paid direct into bank these days so I can trace it.

I don't give parents an invoice - I mostly just write on piece of paper and put in bags or text them amount due.