PDA

View Full Version : What information should a contract have?

Simona
18-08-2013, 07:10 AM
You are probably aware that there have been many discussions recently about contracts, validity, reviews, what they cover or otherwise

I wonder if we could share information here on what you think your contract should contain in terms of information..

I have said before I use my own which I have developed over 20 years...
It is in 3 sections: Prospectus, Registration and Contract with very clear Terms and Conditions
I am an independent cm so it reflects that as I describe myself as Ofsted registered cm

What would your ideal contract contain? if you use one what is missing? what would you take out? what would you add?

Thanks for sharing

hectors house
18-08-2013, 07:38 PM
I am currently using up old stock on NCMA contracts although I am now with MM - I think it would be useful to have a space on them for detailing late charges/fees - although I do charge in advance sometimes especially after I or a parent has been on holiday it can get a little hit and miss. I know some people have this as a policy but I think it would stick more in a parents mind if it was on the actual "legal" contract.

This month a parent who is normally brillant at paying, somehow forgot to press "send" on her voucher payment, it was a week before I realised I hadn't had an e-mail and then checked bank account. Luckily I didn't go overdrawn as my friendly bank has decided to now charge a fee if you go more than £10 overdrawn whereas it used to be £100.

Simona
31-08-2013, 07:20 AM
I am currently using up old stock on NCMA contracts although I am now with MM - I think it would be useful to have a space on them for detailing late charges/fees - although I do charge in advance sometimes especially after I or a parent has been on holiday it can get a little hit and miss. I know some people have this as a policy but I think it would stick more in a parents mind if it was on the actual "legal" contract.

This month a parent who is normally brillant at paying, somehow forgot to press "send" on her voucher payment, it was a week before I realised I hadn't had an e-mail and then checked bank account. Luckily I didn't go overdrawn as my friendly bank has decided to now charge a fee if you go more than £10 overdrawn whereas it used to be £100.

The Terms and Conditions of how parents pay cms for 'Childminding services' MUST be in the contract and clearly signed by the parents in agreement.....not in a policy which is a reflection of our ethos and will not stand up in any court!!

I strongly believe cms should take a 4 weeks deposit upfront and refund it to parents once notice has been given and ALL fees settled.

If cms choose to call themselves 'Independent Childminders' they then offer 'childminding services' which should have clear terms for payment.

Does anyone charge a registration fee?
Do you ask parents for their references?
do you ask parents to sign to confidentiality and Data Protection? (if they use FB or other media)
do you have a 'code of conduct' for parents?...
just some examples...what else would you like in a contract?

sarah707
31-08-2013, 11:00 AM
You can find some FREE contracts, permissions, fees policy and other essential documents on the Babysitters, Childminders, Nannies, Nanny Jobs, Private Tutors - Childcare.co.uk (http://www.childcare.co.uk) website!

They are in pdf format for free members - and gold members get them in Word format so they can be changed.

They contain everything I think should be in contracts :laughing: I hope I have got it right :D