PDA

View Full Version : My new odd diet

jadavi
18-08-2013, 05:22 AM
Hi

I am trying a new weight loss regime that so far seems to be working well and would like your take on it. (You dieters)
Cutting out dinner! I am never very hungry that late usually just tired.For years I have had dinner at 6.30 from habit and to be sociable.
Now I have a salad or meal replacement drink (Complan) at 4.30 and that's it. I have a drink and sit down with the family when they eat. I have what I like for breakfast and lunch which is never junk food .
I needed something that was incredibly simple as I refuse to count and weigh or go to slimming clubs any more. I had a moment of truth at a terribly boring slimming world club meeting a few months ago and decided it was a waste of my time (apologies to those who this works for! No judgement intended)
I feel hungry or weak in the evenings but I am seeing that as a spiritual test which seems to work for me (I reflect on hunger being not a bad thing, how many people in the world are truly hungry not faintly hungry like me and how much food I've already had being enough for me in one day) I will have a fizzy drink if I need something - no alcohol. I have decided to be a social drinker only. (I was developing a bad lone drinking habit )
I intend to eat normally when going out for dinner (rare) and when with other people ie on holiday.
I have wanted to do this for years but felt it was too anti social to the family. Now they are all adult they can handle it... It means less cooking for me - they take turns cooking for themselves but I still sit with them.

Has anyone else done anything similar?
My food choices during the day are varied and healthy and all food groups are covered.
I have 40 pounds to shift!!
This is my first week and seems to be working.

charlottenash
18-08-2013, 06:56 AM
I find evenings are my downfall, I can go until 3pm without eating (I don't because I was told missing breakfast is the worst thing you can do, your body is hungry therefore trying to store fat to keep you energised!)

Anyway I eat breakfast cereal at anytime in the morning and then my dinner at 4pmish and by 8 I feel like snacking. Takes all my willpower not to do it or I just eat fruit,

I hope it works for you, good luck :)

blue bear
18-08-2013, 06:58 AM
Ido something similar but miss breakfast, there is a new diet on the market about eating for six hours a day, I don't do that as such have just worked put my own method. (might be worth you l looking it up though)
You do need to eat a minimum amount of calories a day or your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto your fat after the initial loss.
I started off using fitness pal which counts your calories for you, very easy to use and then once used to it I do my own thing and go back to it when I hit a plateaux or gain weight.

I'm a bit of a Yo yo dieter I can loose weight but can't just maintain an healthy weight no matter which diet I've tried

watgem
18-08-2013, 07:43 AM
I'm thinking of trying the 5:2 diet where you eat normally fr 2 days and fast for 2, but its deciding which 2 days to fast as I don't want to feel tired etc when I'm working but also if I choose weekends I might find it hard-has anyone else tried this diet please?

amanda1309
18-08-2013, 09:15 AM
I've done 5:2. I don't have breakfast then have approx 200 cals for lunch then Approx 300 for tea and I've never felt funny on it. Just drink loads of water. I usually do Monday and Wednesday. If you are on Facebook there is a really good 5:2 Facebook group.

jadavi
18-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Charlotte I am the same and I noticed my body almost goes into shock in the evening for not pandering to emotional eating and drinking (beer / wine )mainly from boredom . This is where my spiritual bit kicks in (in theory)
I'm not hungry the next morning which makes me think its not real hunger the night before ....

hectors house
18-08-2013, 10:04 AM
I rarely eat lunch - just don't get time, the mindees eat what we had for tea the day before and I don't want to save a portion for myself and have 2 cooked meals a day and if I made myself a sandwich they would probably want that instead of a cooked lunch. How about eating your salad with maybe a little cooked chicken or fish with your family in the evening as it does seem a very long time to go until breakfast. Good luck with your weight lose you have more will power than me.

watgem
18-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Thanks amanda I will have to check that group outxxx

jillplum
18-08-2013, 02:22 PM
I made up my own 5/2 diet. I eat normal healthy meals with only fruit for snacks on Monday to Friday ie 5days then eat whatever I like on the weekend ie 2days. I also swim twice a week and walk whenver I can. It works for me and I have lost 10 pounds over the last few months. I dont feel deprived cos I know I can have that wine or crisps or chocolate etc on saturday and sunday.

Bridey
18-08-2013, 02:26 PM
There was some research published recently in the Daily Mail (so it MUST be true!!) that you will lose weight faster if you have your big meal at breakfast and your smallest meal at dinner :)

I'm doing 5:2 and have lost diddley squat this week :angry:

karensmart4
18-08-2013, 07:13 PM
My Mum used to say..... " eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper", I must try it and see if it works :)

jadavi
18-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Haha yes my mum said that too!

There's a lot of evidence for no carbs after 5 bring great for weight loss.

Thanks for your tips