PDA

View Full Version : Registering with Landlord.

Amandak28
17-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Evening ladies and gents i hope you will be able to help me.

Im new to childminding and have just completed my CYPOP5 course, and while I'm waiting for my portfolio to be graded, i've decided to make a start on getting my home ready.

Ive been reading through 'setting up your childminding business' the free guide on here made by Sarah. And as I've been ticking things off and highlighting things i noticed i needed to inform my Landlord that I'm becoming a childminder. And have it in writing that I'm allowed to do so. Never knew this :-(

The thing is I'm a housing association tenant, and not sure 1 who i ring to speak to and 2 if they will even approve me as I'm not entirely sure about the whole working from home and living in HA property and the term in my tenancy.

Has anyone else been through similar or the same and how likely am i to be approved/refused?

Any advise welcome. Thanks xxx

charlottenash
17-08-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm not sure but I'd imagine there's alot of people who do it from HA propeties.

I'd imagine it would be either tenancy or the legal department you need to speak to. I'm sure someone will be along with better advice!

Amandak28
17-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Thanks you have given me 2 paths to try. :-)

I hope i get some more replies too :-) xx

Mrsh3103
17-08-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm shared ownership. I had to get permission from the housing association that own the other 30% of my house.
They just asked if I'd be ofsted registered. When I said I would be they just a said yep, fine, go for it.

Amandak28
17-08-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm shared ownership. I had to get permission from the housing association that own the other 30% of my house.
They just asked if I'd be ofsted registered. When I said I would be they just a said yep, fine, go for it.

Ah ok thanks, sounds simple enough, who did you speak to? X

Mrsh3103
17-08-2013, 07:27 PM
I just phoned their general enquiries number & they put me through to the right person. I've never had anything in writing. Maybe that's because I own more than they do or maybe they just don't care lol

Emra81
17-08-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm in a rented HA house and I sent a letter to my Housing Officer (got their name from the main enquiries number) outlining what is involved e.g. pre inspection visit from Ofsted and graded inspections, have to have PLI, restrictions on numbers of children, parents in and out every day so house will be well looked after and reminded them that I'm a great tenant (previously had a flat through the same HA for many years and always paid rent on time and got full deposit back *polishes halo* )!

They sent a letter back confirming it was fine for me to childmind from the property and stipulating that I must be registered and have PLI and not cause a nuisance with noise or vehicles dropping off/picking up children etc. It was pretty straight forward to be honest; I got the impression it was something they'd been asked before so fingers crossed you shouldn't have any problems. Good luck!

Amandak28
18-08-2013, 08:37 AM
I'm in a rented HA house and I sent a letter to my Housing Officer (got their name from the main enquiries number) outlining what is involved e.g. pre inspection visit from Ofsted and graded inspections, have to have PLI, restrictions on numbers of children, parents in and out every day so house will be well looked after and reminded them that I'm a great tenant (previously had a flat through the same HA for many years and always paid rent on time and got full deposit back *polishes halo* )!

They sent a letter back confirming it was fine for me to childmind from the property and stipulating that I must be registered and have PLI and not cause a nuisance with noise or vehicles dropping off/picking up children etc. It was pretty straight forward to be honest; I got the impression it was something they'd been asked before so fingers crossed you shouldn't have any problems. Good luck!

Thanks! I think i will give them a call, i have emailed my housing officer a few times previously and have had no response so don't want to risk it this time round.

Hope it goes ok :-/ x

Emra81
18-08-2013, 12:09 PM
No worries, I hope it works out. I think I actually emailed my letter as an attachment and sent it via the general enquiries email address (as advised by the general enquiries reception blokey) for the attention of my housing officer so there was a record of me sending it....

Samijanec
18-08-2013, 12:29 PM
I'm council and I just had to ask my housing manager, I'm assuming it would be the same for an association house as well.. :)