PDA

View Full Version : childminder really needs advice helppppppppppppp

Mummy k
16-08-2013, 08:12 PM
:panic:i was wondering if any one could help me i will be moving into partners house soon and need to know if it matters if bathroom is attatched to my childrens bedroom would i still be able to do childminding.i start course with la in sep but really worried whre the bathroom is situated due to it being a victorian house.

Rick
16-08-2013, 08:21 PM
I don't think it will be an issue. Is it just that people have to go through your son's bedroom, why will that be a problem? So long as you risk assess any issue you think exists then it will be fine.

Mummy k
16-08-2013, 08:39 PM
thank you for your advice my mind is at ease now

Rick
16-08-2013, 09:00 PM
There's actually not much in the EYFS regarding what childminders need to provide.

3.59 Providers must ensure there is an adequate number of toilets and hand basins available (usually one toilet and one hand basin for every ten children over the age of two). Except in childminding settings, there should usually be separate toilet facilities for adults. Providers must ensure there are suitable hygienic changing facilities for changing any children who are in nappies and providers should ensure that an adequate supply of clean bedding, towels, spare clothes and any other necessary items is always available

charlottenash
16-08-2013, 09:35 PM
I really wouldn't worry too much, risk assess and on your pre reg ask for any guidance. There is a toilet which is the main thing :)

Rick
16-08-2013, 10:19 PM
I really wouldn't worry too much, risk assess and on your pre reg ask for any guidance. There is a toilet which is the main thing :)

Yes a hole in the ground in the back garden is frowned upon :laughing:

charlottenash
17-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Oh god can you imagine if we took them out to a hole and a garden tap 'this is the bathroom, as you can see we have hand wash facilities' lol!