PDA

View Full Version : What can I do in preparation to speed up registration process please? Thanks.

trickiedickie
16-08-2013, 06:53 PM
I sent my application form in 2 weeks ago. I have received a letter saying they are just about to start the vetting process.

Is there anything else I can do in the meantime. I know I need to start the food hygene process as I may want to give mindee's dinner, snacks. I will have a look at that this weekend.

Should I be asking for a health/medical reference from doctor/bank? Will this be needed? I don't want to leave it until the inspector comes and then have to do that. I am hoping that everything will be in place and it will just be a case of inspector comes out and (fingers crossed) registers me. (Am I being a tad optimistic?)

Mrsh3103
16-08-2013, 08:27 PM
You need to have your dr fill in a health declaration form. Mine took 3 weeks do him to do so if get that sorted as soon as possible.
Apart from that once you've sent forms off there's not really much you can do to speed them up.
If say make sure you get all you policies etc done & ready.
I got a call out of the blue on the Friday with her wanting to come on the Monday. We were away over the weekend. I was so glad id done them all weeks earlier :)

sprinkles
16-08-2013, 08:38 PM
There's nothing really you can do apart from your policies and procedures. They will send you out all the forms (health declaration, pvg etc) in time but you need them before you can go any further. It can take up to 6 months so I'm afraid it's just a waiting game until they send you forms and then it's a waiting game again until they come to do your pre-reg inspection.

trickiedickie
17-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Thanks.

Mrs -I thought I had done all the policies and procedures etc. on my application form. How will I know what other policies I need to do. Will the care inspectorate tell me? I didn't realise they would give such short notice before the came out!! Just as well you were prepared.

I will have a think about other policies.

Thanks again.

trickiedickie
17-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Sprinkles - someone at the care inspectorate told me it is taking approx. 3 months at the moment to get registered. Here's hoping it is not 6 months!

Natalierose
17-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Hi if you have lived in another country within the last 5 years you must send off for a police check from that country yourself (ofsted don't do this for you) this held up my process an extra few weeks.
Nat x

FussyElmo
17-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Hi if you have lived in another country within the last 5 years you must send off for a police check from that country yourself (ofsted don't do this for you) this held up my process an extra few weeks.
Nat x

Natalie - trickiedickie is a Scottish member so doesn't come under Ofsted :-)

Natalierose
17-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Ooooops sorry for that x

sprinkles
17-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Thanks.

Mrs -I thought I had done all the policies and procedures etc. on my application form. How will I know what other policies I need to do. Will the care inspectorate tell me? I didn't realise they would give such short notice before the came out!! Just as well you were prepared.

I will have a think about other policies.

Thanks again.

You need things like fees policy, safeguarding/child protection policy, complaints procedure, pets policy if you have any, missing child policy, etc etc.

You will also need an emergency evacuation policy and something to show how you record testing smoke alarms each week.

sprinkles
17-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Sprinkles - someone at the care inspectorate told me it is taking approx. 3 months at the moment to get registered. Here's hoping it is not 6 months!

Here's hoping! Which area are you in?

kellib
17-08-2013, 06:18 PM
It took them 9 months to sort mine out and that's only cos I kept phoning them to hassle them, you seem to have to push them to do things or maybe that's just the office here!

sprinkles
17-08-2013, 06:23 PM
It took them 9 months to sort mine out and that's only cos I kept phoning them to hassle them, you seem to have to push them to do things or maybe that's just the office here!

Are we in the same area - it took me a year?! But I did move house. Took 2 months from my pre-reg to my registration being granted though and I had to phone constantly too!

trickiedickie
17-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Oh no. I was really hoping it would be the 3 months and could start work at the latest after Christmas.

A year!! I can't afford a year! Think I will just keep chasing. I live in East Renfrewshire.

The inspector actually sent me an email late last night.

She has said I have to put everthing I didn't incude in the application form (I did it onine) in a one word document. Whereas I sent about 4 attachments with the application form. She has also said I need emergency policies, a register, fire evacuation policy, oh and a safe sleeping policy. So there are a few policies I haven't done and will need to get done and sent in.

Thanks again.

sprinkles
17-08-2013, 09:25 PM
You'll be fine as long as she keeps in contact with you. I sent mine about 6 emails after my pre-reg and she didn't reply to any of them. It's changed now though and my new inspector is pretty good at getting back to me.

As I say there's not much you can do until they have sent you all the forms (PVG, health declaration and fire safety) and you've sent them away. It then depends on how long they take to process etc. It's after then that I would start chasing. It may be taking roughly 3 months just now but everyone is different and all depends on how long PVG etc takes, which is why they say they aim to have registrations done within 6 months. I always went by the 6 months date as you have no idea really. So I'd say you're looking at February at the latest, if everything goes to plan :)

trickiedickie
17-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks Sprinkles. What area are you in? A year, that is a long, long time.

I will try and get the policies done tomorrow and get them sent in. I have done most of it in the application form, just a few more!!

sprinkles
17-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Thanks Sprinkles. What area are you in? A year, that is a long, long time.

I will try and get the policies done tomorrow and get them sent in. I have done most of it in the application form, just a few more!!

I'm in the borders, you? I moved and didn't get back on track for 4 months so only took 8 really - I wanted to be settled into new house etc before proceeding. So wasn't too much over the 6 months overall.

trickiedickie
17-08-2013, 10:36 PM
I am in Glasgow but under East Renfrewshire Council. The Borders is lovely.

Did you have to ask your bank for a reference? If so how much did they charge? (Hope you don't mind me asking). How much did your GP charge?It is a lot of money, I have had to pay to have the smoke alarms hard wired in. I will have to buy quite a bit of baby stuff (if I get a baby mindee). I also have to buy a lot of storage. It all costs doesn't it?

sprinkles
18-08-2013, 07:44 AM
I am in Glasgow but under East Renfrewshire Council. The Borders is lovely.

Did you have to ask your bank for a reference? If so how much did they charge? (Hope you don't mind me asking). How much did your GP charge?It is a lot of money, I have had to pay to have the smoke alarms hard wired in. I will have to buy quite a bit of baby stuff (if I get a baby mindee). I also have to buy a lot of storage. It all costs doesn't it?

I didn't have to get a bank one. My gp only charged me £20 and I 'forgot' to pay it but they've never chased for it lol.

Yip, sure does! I've just been sorting all my start up costs and going by the size of the list I dread to think how much I've spent - I had to get smoke alarms put in too and also a fence put up.