PDA

View Full Version : Should i join?

Haley
16-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Hi :)

I have got my pre reg visit on Weds so im trying to think of ways to get started as i havent got any children waiting.

Ive just looked into joining childcare.co.uk and have noticed that you cant email people unless you upgrade your account for £19.99.

Have people done this? Is it worth upgrading?

Thankyou x

Leela
16-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Hi I did a membership for a year and I got lots of inquiries and customers through this. I think it depends on your location whether you get inquiries. Through the gold I was able to contact parents and give them info or direct them to my profile. I didn't renew once I was full and blocked my profile. I think it's worth it to generate customers and interest.

Rick
16-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Hi :)

I have got my pre reg visit on Weds so im trying to think of ways to get started as i havent got any children waiting.

Ive just looked into joining childcare.co.uk and have noticed that you cant email people unless you upgrade your account for £19.99.

Have people done this? Is it worth upgrading?

Thankyou x

Hi Hayley, with a free basic profile you are able to advertise yourself to parents, who can message you, if they have gold membership and you are allowed to reply. They can also see your profile plus contact info.

If you want to be proactive and contact parents first then you need to upgrade to be able to initiate the conversation.

I have gold membership and my thoughts are, even if the site only gets you one child a year it has paid for itself in two days of having that child. Chances are it will find you more. Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate :thumbsup:

charlottenash
16-08-2013, 05:58 PM
It's not for me I had a hold membership for 3 months, worked endlessly contacting people and my customers came from elsewhere that was free...

jackie 7
16-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Without it I would be empty. For me if I'd the best money I spend. I have annual membership.

sarah707
16-08-2013, 07:07 PM
I've got lots of work from it... there are thousands of parents on the site.

I also get work from the family information services and word of mouth :D

Rick
16-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Without it I would be empty. For me if I'd the best money I spend. I have annual membership.

I think sometimes it's a waiting game. Some parents are looking for a few months ahead so you have to try and get in first and build a rapport with them. You might he lucky though and find someone who needs a CM asap. You should also not discount people who live a few miles away as they may drive past your house. Also don't discount people who initially say they want a nanny or nursery; sell yourself and your profession, you might change their mind!

Haley
16-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Thankyou everyone, you really have helped me with this. I will join tonight and see what happens.

karen m
16-08-2013, 10:55 PM
I have the gold membership and only cancel when I stop minding have had plenty of work from it . Even when am full because you never no from 1 day to another in this job

sarah707
17-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Just a thought - I believe that there are special offers if you use the mobile app... :D

bunyip
17-08-2013, 09:42 AM
I think it's just a gamble that you either take or don't.

You only need 1 or 2 contracts out of it and it's well worthwhile, but no-one can say whether you'll get those clients. :huh:

I've not paid for gold membership, so cannot contact parents. Neither have any parents paid and contacted me. I get plenty of notifications when parents view my profile, but I doubt whether any would have signed with me. The search facility is very broad and throws up results from miles away who would almost certainly not be interested in using my service. It might work if you live in a densely-populated area. But I suspect parents look at dozens of profiles to find just 1 they they like.

Rick
17-08-2013, 12:41 PM
I think it's just a gamble that you either take or don't.

You only need 1 or 2 contracts out of it and it's well worthwhile, but no-one can say whether you'll get those clients. :huh:

I've not paid for gold membership, so cannot contact parents. Neither have any parents paid and contacted me. I get plenty of notifications when parents view my profile, but I doubt whether any would have signed with me. The search facility is very broad and throws up results from miles away who would almost certainly not be interested in using my service. It might work if you live in a densely-populated area. But I suspect parents look at dozens of profiles to find just 1 they they like.

Not necessarily. One of my parents drives 15 miles to get to me. Her work is based in two locations and I am in the middle. If she dropped off in her hometown it would cost her more in childcare plus she would be further away in an emergency.

I agree it's a long shot but parents sometimes have strange requirements so don't discount anybody! :D