PDA

View Full Version : why oh why does it always happen to me?

butterfly
11-07-2008, 11:24 AM
sorry guys i'm feeling really sorry for myself today! some of you may rember my issues with parent/neighbour (thread entitled 'sound off' - well thought it was all sorted as she was going to have 8hrs on one day but agreed to pay my min of 9 hrs. all good but then she wanted to change her day ok still no probs. then she said actually she wanted 9hrs but have them spread over 2 days. she didn't understand the min. daily fee and thinks she can spread it. trouble is she's having problems with her other child so i want to help but can't afford to only get 9hrs pay for two days.

alongside this we have the other enquiry i got for 2 days before/after nursery and full time in hols which i had to turn down as it overlapped with first child. now neigbour has changed her hrs i could have the other child giving me 2 days full tim all year round BUT she's already gone elsewhere!!!

so now i'm left with problem caused by neighbour. she can't aford to pay for 9hrs on 2 days but i can't afford not to earn this!!

everything's all going wrong, i don't know what to do and i need to earn some money.

Heaven Scent
11-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Oh dear - I think you should tell neighbour that you lost other child because of arrangement and min hours per day stands and you can help her out until you get another enquiry but once you do she either has to be prepared to set something in stone or you will have to give her notice as you need to begin to make some money as all you ern from her doesn't begin to cover your outgoings.

I think you'll have to be cruel to be kind - anyway if she is on a low income then tax credits should be paying up to 80% of her childcare fees - that money is for that purpose and not for parents to suppliment their incomes. Tell her to contact her local CAB to get details.

I hope this has been of some help

venus89
11-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Hope you get it sorted soon x