PDA

View Full Version : Gonna have to do some proper planning!

Tealady
16-08-2013, 12:38 PM
After loosing my full-timer I picked up a job of looking after twin 4yr old boys on a Wednesday, after their full day at Pre-school. I have also been having them 2-3 days a week after a full day at the holiday club.

All we have done is park for an hour, then home and they play in the garden or with the Happy Land whilst I cook dinner. They then eat and go. Simple.

Anyway I have them for three whole days next week so am going to have some things planned, especially as they are full of beans, and my DS is their "Best Friend" from pre-school so there is potential for much mischief and chaos!

I haven't done any proper planning since May so it will be an interesting one, especially as there interests are so different to the younger boy I had before.

Any suggestions for something a bit different would be welcomed as when I suggest playdough, puzzles etc they never seem interested.

Boris
16-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Wow, 3 pre-school boys! I suggest lots of outdoor activities, den building, ball games, diggers in sand, park visits! Wear 'em out! xx

rachelle
16-08-2013, 02:11 PM
I have my own twins and for some reason only have boys as mindees (not through choice!)

I suggest a sit-a-ble in cardboard box each - that's all they'll need and they'll be busy for hours. When they flag add some balnkets and cars and they'll be off again!

HAve fun!!!

Glitter
16-08-2013, 06:12 PM
If they are full of energy 'commando school' can be fun.

You are sargent major and give them orders to do the following:

use facepaint as camoflage paint
build a command centre (a den)
crawl around the house and garden (like commandos)
design and test assault courses in the garden
mountaineering up the stairs
hide and seek (or hunt the enemy)
hide objects in one room for them to find

Then everyone has commando tea (baked beans) outside in their command centre

It keeps my pre schoolers happy for hours and all I have to do is give them orders and explain to parents why they are covered in mud again!

Tealady
18-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Thank-you!

VeggieSausage
20-08-2013, 08:14 AM
I have 11 boys on my books and no girls!......mine like stuff like a tray of sand with diggers/dinosaurs in it.......water play.....dinosaurs/ vehicles/ marble run/ junk modelling/ pirates/ tents/ camps/ robots/ toy kitchen.....