PDA

View Full Version : Some help please with doing a monthly newsletter.

PrettyFlowers
16-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Hi,

I would like to do a monthly newsletter for parents, does anyone have a copy of theirs they would be happy to share with me? I am awful doing word type documents and haven't a clue how to set it out, and it would be really good to get an idea what other childminders put in their newsletters. (I hope this is okay to ask!)

moggy
16-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Monthly is a big commitment. I do quarterly/seasonal and include:

- a bit about themes for the coming season,
- birthdays,
- announce any new mindees
- my vacancies
- I write an article about a subject like: our allotment, or getting children involved in art, or getting children out in nature/woods etc.
- a reminder of my holidays for the year
- news about childcare issues like promoting the recent ratios campaign, the change from NCMA to Pacey etc
- a bit about any training I have done in the last 3 months and how I will apply it to my setting,
- a bit about any schemes we are joining like Grow Your Own Potatoes or RHS Gardening for Schools Campaign etc.
- any general notices like reminders to bring wellies etc etc.
- and finally lots of general photos of things we have done as I only share 'obs' photos day to day.

NinaBowen
16-08-2013, 12:48 PM
I do monthly newsletters and my parents really enjoy getting them. I keep the parents up to date with my planning, updates on last month's celebrations and themes etc and holiday dates and then just a general notes section.

If you go to 2care2teach4kids- An early childhood care & education resource! (http://www.2care2teach4kids.com) you can find newsletter templates on there which are great to use.

Nina

Samijanec
16-08-2013, 02:57 PM
I do monthly newsletters and my parents really enjoy getting them. I keep the parents up to date with my planning, updates on last month's celebrations and themes etc and holiday dates and then just a general notes section.

If you go to 2care2teach4kids- An early childhood care & education resource! (http://www.2care2teach4kids.com) you can find newsletter templates on there which are great to use.

Nina

This looks ace, thank you .

smurfette
16-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Thanks for posting this thread would Also like to
Start A Newsletter !