PDA

View Full Version : Need help

covgalxxx
16-08-2013, 10:02 AM
I filled out all my forms,and sent to ofsted on line end of may, I remember getting a email through saying if you applied before the 30 June, you would be ok with the new DBS , haven't heard any thing for awhil and all my checks have to go to my hometown as lived here 3 years, and I had a disabled child with a social worker so I'm guessing there checking, I emailed today's ago and got this

"response to your enquiry, we are still waiting on a number of suitability checks to be completed. Social services checks are currently being chased. If you have not already started a DBS application for yourself and associated individuals over the age of 16 at the address then you may do so"

So I'm guessing I missed out and now got a pay roughly £150 for these DBS. When I really through say, I could of done it ages ago,

How long do the DBS take I'm guessing 4 weeks I'm not working and even if I went looking for a job they would want a DBS ..

Who did you ask to check it and was it free?

FussyElmo
16-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Ring Ofsted Monday - they are the ones who will have the say so :(

Chatterbox Childcare
16-08-2013, 04:28 PM
If your CRB was in before the cut off date it was my understanding that it would be free

covgalxxx
27-08-2013, 09:57 PM
They where ,I think they ignored it so now I have to find £150, I am ticked, money tight I am not working as finished maternity , so when I got money which I think we gonna borrow it of family to do it, and I don't have a driving licence or a passport , so extra checks for me asI'm going in the route 2, so extra £4 there, my partner gonna ask his friend to check as they have there own business , stress head on I'm not gonna be a childminder I guess till after Xmas , I'm gutted if I wanted to go work I would only do caring which means DBS Check anyway so can't win...