PDA

View Full Version : Summer holidays rainy day! Agggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

BlondeMoment
16-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Help!
I have a 6 year old girl and an 11 year old boy today and they're bored already. My mind is at a complete blank for some reason today. Any ideas?
We did cooking yesterday.

littleDs31
16-08-2013, 08:26 AM
My summer hols theme is The Seaside we have done lots of things relating to this - designed our own surfboards, sand pics, created our own fish etc. today we are playing balloon volley ball and making a beach hut using junk modelling. :)

Maza
16-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Not sure about the boy, but my girls and little boys have been decorating pebbles all week. We collected some on various walks and they have spent ages painting them, adding glitter, stickers, sequins etc. Also, it is their holidays so don't feel guilty about putting on a DVD. We can't work miracles - especially in this weather. x

amirose
16-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Rainy day here top, we are fort building! I've emptied my airing cupboard of towels and blankets, got the clothes airers and dining chairs out, fetched the clothes pegs! We're now just waiting for the last few children to get here then were going to get building!
We're going to get out torches and tell stories once it's built :)

loocyloo
16-08-2013, 08:37 AM
design ( and then play ) their own game? mine made a 3D version of snakes & ladders. or a 'flick football' pitch?

spinning tops using round card & pencils pushed through the middle?

find some woods to walk in and make story sticks ( tie bits & pieces ( leaves/twigs/flowers etc) to sticks with wool ) ?

ask them for some ideas? although my 11yr old boy usually just shrugs and says 'dunno' :rolleyes:

good luck x

BlondeMoment
16-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks everyone
It's more the 11 year old boy that is harder to entertain. The 6 year old thinks he's great so she only wants to do things with him so it's really a case of finding stuff for him to do that can be simplified or adapted for her too.
So far this morning they had just chased each other around. We did a bit of colour by numbers and some games and they're now having an hour on the X Box but help. Still got to get to 5pm lol.
Like the design your own board game. Might use that one for later xxxx

migimoo
16-08-2013, 02:09 PM
I know the feeling-having a new fridge freezer delivered and 2 people coming to collect sold gumtree items so stuck in all day apart from a 20 min walk with the dog after lunch.

I have a 20 mnth old, a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old here and thankfully the sun has been out this afternoon so they've been playing out there happily....this morning was dire though-every activity I thought of seemed to be finished in 5 mins flat!

Samijanec
16-08-2013, 02:45 PM
No rain here, doesn't seem to have rained in weeks, but I am waiting in for a parcel that still hasn't arrived. :( we are all just singing songs, doing art things and just generally playing games.

blue bear
16-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Poured down here all day, we were in the woods having a camp fire (organised by someone else proffesionally ) it was great toasting marshmallows and hot cross buns. hardly noticed the rain.

KatieFS
17-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Same here yesterday! Rain in morning. Had 2x5 yo, -x7 yo and 2x 10 yo. All the activities I had planned were finished in 20 mins. We cooked about then thankfully rain stopped.. Lets go out yey

Supernanny86
17-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Was raining here too yest. Done every activity I could think off in the morn and went to a scarecrow festival where we only got rained on once!! :) so glad it's the weekend