PDA

View Full Version : OOPS!

EmmaReed84
16-08-2013, 05:57 AM
Just got a text from Mum, she is will be late today as she has locked herself out of the house and her key are IN the house! Now I am sat here in two minds about what to do. Usually, I would offer to go and collect the children as it is only a 5 minute drive and I can imagine she has a long wait for a locksmith to come out.

The problem is, the road I would usually go down has been closed for two weeks due to road works so will have to go a much longer way that will take at least 15 minutes to get there (that is, usually 15 minutes, without the added diverted traffic) also, I have hardly any petrol left, so would need to go by the garage first (was hoping to not have to get any until next week as we are broke until payday and I have no where I need to go in the car :blush:)

I feel really guilty, the business woman in me sort of says "Well, it is not MY problem. If Mum wanted children here then she could get a taxi, drop them off and get back home!" but then the *Emma* in me says "Ahhh, poor Mum, must be stressed, poor kids probably bored what can I do to help!"

I have to admit though, I did giggle when I read the text! I remember in our old we had the door that locked from the outside when it closed. I only had my eldest who was about 2.5 at the time. I quickly popped out to throw rubbish in the bin and forgot the back door was open too. I heard an almighty bang! I was locked out and DS was in doors. There was me calling through the letter box telling him open the door, while he giggled and kept says "BOO!" Eventually he opened the door when I told him I had grapes lol.

Cottonsocks
16-08-2013, 06:00 AM
Haha! What a nightmare so early in the morning! Bet she can't wait for the weekend.

angeldelight
16-08-2013, 06:10 AM
I don't think she will expect you to collect Emma plus you have your own children

I would continue with my normal routine and wait till she contacts you again ..

I'm sure if she is told its going to take a while her partner or someone in her family will come to her rescue and bring the children to you ?

Angel xxx

blue bear
16-08-2013, 07:23 AM
As much as you want to help you can't, mum and children and will be fine, hopefully a kindly neighbour will take them in and entertain them.
The only way you could possibly help is by asking mum for the money for petrol and I bet you are not comfortable doing that.

charlottenash
16-08-2013, 07:27 AM
I would explain when she comes that your sorry you couldn't help out in any other way. Just a quick word and the air is clear. I wouldn't go and pick them up unless it was planned before hand which quite obviously would be impossible in this situation :)

EmmaReed84
16-08-2013, 07:41 AM
All is fine now :D

Mum went to SIL's house to get the spare key! :thumbsup:

Poor Mum is going to be so late for work, and they not very sympathetic. Her partner had to collect the children the other day and said she has been up most nights until early hours working, then she is up at 5.30 to get kids ready and to me.

Well at least it is Friday! :clapping: