PDA

View Full Version : Panic panic panic!!

Jelly Baby
15-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Ok as some of you know I have had an issue with a parent and Ofsted are coming to see me tomorrow. They want to see me with the children I have then when they have gone talk me through this problem. I am stressing I have forgotten something or not updated something and wondered if you could all throw at me things I may have forgotten...aaaaahhhhh!
Thanks x

Toothfairy
15-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Attendance register
Permission slips signed
RA's
Learning Journals
All certificates on show
Accident & Incident book plus medication
Policies & procedures

sarah707
15-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Breathe!! You are a great childminder and you will be fine. Just act normally and let them see how fab you are! :jump for joy:

Kiddleywinks
15-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Nothing to add, but sending you good luck vibes :thumbsup:

caz3007
15-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Hope all goes well x

charlottenash
15-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Good luck you will be fine I'm sure xxx

watgem
15-08-2013, 06:13 PM
lots of love and hugs for tomorrow, I had a similar problem, the lady couldn't be nicer and reassured me that Ofsted get malicious complaints all the timexxx

Jelly Baby
15-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Thanks ladies. Guess im worrying about the safeguarding side of it..is the policy for this still worded safeguarding as im stressing and cant see it..would it be under any other name..ahhh this is awful.
Also under my complaints policy do we now have to take the book out called 'what to do if you think a childs being abused' did I read that?

Thanks

kellyskidz!
15-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Not sure about complaints policy and can't think of anything else to add (except if you have a complaints/compliments book have that out, also visitors book up to date and ask OFSTED to sign) i just want to send a hug and wish you luck!
Oh also I have a file of what I call my showing off file lol, it has good bye cards from kids that have left, thank you letters, copies of emails parents have sent singing my praises, I'd show OFSTED them if you have them so they know you're appreciated and this situation is not the norm!xx

sarah707
15-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Thanks ladies. Guess im worrying about the safeguarding side of it..is the policy for this still worded safeguarding as im stressing and cant see it..would it be under any other name..ahhh this is awful.
Also under my complaints policy do we now have to take the book out called 'what to do if you think a childs being abused' did I read that?

Thanks

I call mine safeguarding and child protection policy and procedures - but that's me, you can call it what you want.

'what to do if you think a child is being abused' has been overtaken by Working together to safeguard children: a guide to inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children - About the Department (http://www.education.gov.uk/aboutdfe/statutory/g00213160/working-together-to-safeguard-children) - don't print it!! It's 90+ pages - just have it in your files.

xx

jackie 7
15-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Just thinking about you. Good luck tomorow. I hope you get some sleep.

AgentTink
18-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Just wanted to let you know Jelly Baby i have been thinking about you over the weekend, hoping that everything went well with Ofsted on Friday :thumbsup:

Simona
18-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Good luck...are they actually coming to inspect you or just talk the problem over with you?
We hope all is resolved for you...keeping everything crossed!

Chatterbox Childcare
18-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Hope everything went well.. Keep us updated x

Samijanec
18-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Just popping in for an update, I really hope it all went well. ( I'm sure it did) xx

Jelly Baby
18-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Hi sorry had a manic few days!

Well she arrived at 1. I had pizzas arranged for the 2 I had but they were so hungry they hade made it before she arrived! She seemed very nice on the phone but quite stern once she arrived and I could feel my heart rate getting faster and faster!

Anyway we sat and had lunch and she went through EVERY file with a fine toothcomb. My diary and records etc. The children were good as gold and made dream catchers with things from the garden which she loved. Once they got collected she stayed and talked to me.

The complaint was from the parents who are refusing to pay me. There was no docs report from the child over the allegation made and basically no evidence. She went over everything that happened and was satisfied that it was obviously done as a malicious thing.

BUT there was another complaint which was from an older family done back months ago. Because one of them had chicken pox and I couldn't have?? really I was so shocked and she said it was never looked into as basically so daft. Apparently lots of child-minders have complaints against them that they never know about which I aid would make me wary and paranoid but?!

She was with me 4.5 hours and left just after 5. BUT it wasn't an inspection and she told me im due Sept?? so no sigh of relief really for me!

Still that's over and done so that's good.
Thanks for all your help and support x

Samijanec
18-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Glad it's done and you can move on. Xx

AgentTink
18-08-2013, 03:10 PM
glad it is over for you, and at least the parents will not be able to take this any further, not sure if you are still pursuing monies owed but if so i hope you get what is owed to you without any further hassle :thumbsup:

EmmaReed84
18-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Could you possibly take action against the parents for slander? It is terrible that we are in such a vulnerable position that if we upset the wrong parent they can literally tear our lives apart!

Pleased that all went well for you but so sorry that you were made to go through this ordeal! I believe in Karma and they will definitely get theirs!

tigwig
18-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Really glad its all over for you and you can now relax. It sounds horrible what youve had to go through. Well done for getting through it! :)

Jiorjiina
18-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Could you possibly take action against the parents for slander? It is terrible that we are in such a vulnerable position that if we upset the wrong parent they can literally tear our lives apart!

Pleased that all went well for you but so sorry that you were made to go through this ordeal! I believe in Karma and they will definitely get theirs!

If the complaint is put down in writing, does that make it libel? I really wish that people would start fighting back against these parents, since their actions have major consequences for our livelihoods.

bunyip
19-08-2013, 07:47 AM
I doubt whether this would count as slander or libel. That would involve putting the lies into a public sphere. What the parents have done is to lie to a regulatory authority who then make their own evidence-based judgement from a neutral position (well, in theory, at least.)

The scandal is that parents and, indeed, rival EY settings are free to make an unlimited number of malicious complaints. These not only cause grief to CMs, but disrupt the lo's and waste large sums of public money through the unnecessary use of Ofsted's time and resources. The complainants should be named, shamed, and sent the bill.

If I went to the police and deliberately lied about an alleged offence, I could easily be charged with wasting police time. But malicious people are allowed to take the same lie to Ofsted with no risk of any consequences. :angry:

EmmaReed84
19-08-2013, 08:57 AM
What is so frustrating is that I am the sort of person who stand my ground and will do anything to ensure my voice is heard if someone lies about me. But in this business if we were to do that, we would appear to be unprofessional, so all we can do is smile sweetly and say "Yes, there was a complaint but Ofsted have investigated and found no cause for concern":D when what you want to say is "Yes, there was a family who decided that because I was unable to bend over backwards, they would be pathetic and malicious and make up lies about me! I want to flick them in the eyeball for what they have put me through!"

The best part though, and this is a real corker! These parents who made the complaints then go an broadcast the whole episode on a forum and get the whole "P.A.C." (Parents Against Childminders) to add in their comments too! Then when we defend ourselves we are called all kind of names! :angry:

Ooops *rant over* LOL:blush:

Jelly Baby
19-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Thanks. Yes I totally agree that something needs to be put in place for situations like this. I saw the family in town yesterday. The dad actually said 'alright' to which my partner said 'no actually she's not'. Think it was meant in a cocky way because they haven't heard about the money again but little do they know.

EmmaReed84
19-08-2013, 02:15 PM
I would have replied "Yes I am actually, Ofsted came to visit me after a complaint was made against me, but they said my setting was excellent and that the complaint was obviously just a malicious one!" :D

Jelly Baby
21-08-2013, 07:50 AM
I would have replied "Yes I am actually, Ofsted came to visit me after a complaint was made against me, but they said my setting was excellent and that the complaint was obviously just a malicious one!" :D

Trust me when this is all resolved either way I will make sure I let them know how detrimental their actions were. Called the insurance co again yesterday and have sent off what they need so will see what happens.

leeanne910
21-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Sorry goin off on a tangent....if you have a complaint made it triggers inspection.... so surely ur not due an inspection cuz u just had one