PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping arrangements

KatieFS
15-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Some of you might have picked up from prev thread, just taken on baby twins 8m old.
I feel I need to re organise the sleeping situation.
I have front room (tv in) back room attached to kitchen, resources in each room.
Upstairs I have my bedroom biggest one, 2 smaller bedrooms. I currently use my bedroom for 1 travel cot 3 days a week. I use one bedroom one day a week with travel cot. With new babies I was going to put them in travel cots in front room but now thinking, ESP over summer the cots will interfere too much with older children access to tele etc.
maybe it's time for older children (coming up 2) to use beds?
Any suggestions???

hectors house
15-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Just check with the parents - lots of twins share a cot, so you may only need to use one large travel cot.

Also if you put the 2 year olds in beds you will need to change bedding (which is a lot of extra work each time) and you will have to make sure those rooms are completely safe in that there isn't anything harmful they could touch if they got out of bed and probably stair gates across the doorways. Some people use camping type mats on the floor with just blankets - could you use those in front room for older children and put twins upstairs in travel cots.

KatieFS
16-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Yes that's what I was thinking- the little sleeping beds in front room. The babies still have lots of little naps which will be too much to accommodate in the front room.
Just waiting to hear from dad re sleeping arrangements. Is it safe for them to share a cot though? I thought had to be one cot one baby