PDA

View Full Version : Gift from parent (and child hasn't even started yet!)

Tealady
15-08-2013, 12:48 PM
A month ago I signed a contract for one day a week for a child. He starts in September. Met Mum is an acquaintance (we did anti-natal together seven years ago and is friend of a friend) and we do get chatting at the park and places.

Her child came for a couple of settling which ended up being booked last minute as Mum had a house viewing and a funeral. This meant I also ended up with siblings too. All of which was billed.

Anyway, Mum has just dropped off the most stunning bouquet of flowers as a thank-you for helping her out and for her taking on her son as she wouldn't want to leave him with anybody else. I was really touched and it bought a tear to my eye.

Gobsmacked to get such a thoughtful gift after only three hours work!

JCrakers
15-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Awwww.... thats lovely :D

cherry
15-08-2013, 01:20 PM
What a lovely thing to do :)

Maza
15-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Wow. So nice when some parents actually appreciate what we do. x

loocyloo
15-08-2013, 02:09 PM
so lovely that mum appreciates you. x

hectors house
15-08-2013, 06:05 PM
How lovely to be appreciated - I had a parent yesterday bring me a bottle of wine and bag of galaxy counters and say to me in front of another relatively new father "it's because you are amazing, absolutely amazing and I don't know what we would do without you" - those words on their own would have been enough. :)

kellyskidz!
15-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Aww that's lovely, lucky you for having a nice parent lol!
So nice of her xx

jelly jiggles
15-08-2013, 07:49 PM
What a nice family to work with. I bet you feel great after that. I have a lovely family to just taking on the 3 rd sibling part time and they always send me a Mother's Day card and gift and put the most amazing comments in the learning journals. All that we do and go through with this job and a nice gesture makes it so worth it. Well done you for stepping in and helping her. : ) x

blue bear
16-08-2013, 07:00 AM
That mummy obviously knows a good thing when she's sees it, so lovely.

shortstuff
16-08-2013, 07:24 AM
That sounds like a great start to a fantastic working relationship x