PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry

Zoomie
15-08-2013, 11:48 AM
I've had an enquiry email via childcare.co.uk

#I'm basically looking for someone flexible. I have a 3,5 year old, dad and I do shift work, so not only I'd require different hours each week, but not even the same amount of days. I believe that at the moment my manager is working at a 6 weeks rolling rota, so at least I'd be able to know what I'm working in months in advance. I do two types of shifts, if I work an early I would require someone from 6.30 to 14.30, if I do a late I'd require someone from 13.30 - 18.30. As my working days vary, I'll probably will be in need of 2/3 days a week#

The biggest no-no for me is the 6:30 am start, and alternative late finishes. I am happy to work from 7:30 till 6pm. If I can get around this, then how would you quote the parent?

I am thinking that a minimum of 6 hours per day, and at least 3 days a week. So a minimum of 18 hours a week? Essentially they will want 5 full days a week available to them.

EmmaReed84
15-08-2013, 12:02 PM
To be fair, if the parent needs from 6.30am and you are not able to do that, I wouldn't bother trying to figure out how to quote until I had found out if the early start and late finish was negotiable.

To me, why waste your energy working out a quote, when you might not even be able to do it?

~Grasshopper~
15-08-2013, 12:26 PM
I agree. You cant do what she wants so no point quoting something she doesnt want. X

Zoomie
15-08-2013, 12:31 PM
I suppose I am interested in trying out how to help parents that want flexible hours

jazzyjenbo
15-08-2013, 12:58 PM
I would contact the parent for more info on the hours
Is it 6.30 start for 1 week a month then late finish another week etc etc
Also are the 3 days the same days??
If not then you would need a full-time place available so you need to quote based on 5 days, and if you are willing to do the early/late's add a further premium onto the charge.
Theres nothing else you can do.. Sounds harsh charging for 5 days but you cannot take on another child as you dont know when hes with you.
Think i would back out on this one xx

sprinkles
15-08-2013, 01:52 PM
I agree with the others. I have a little one who's dad is shift worker so I can have little one anything between 1-4 days per week and some days it's only half days. Parents pay minimum of 18 hours per week.