PDA

View Full Version : First inspection done!!

scottishlass
15-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Just had my first inspection this morning and it went really well! So glad that's the first one done and I have a long weekend for y sisters wedding so can now relax!

She said she will have to send off report etc but is giving me 5s so am thrilled!

Xx

lizduncan72
15-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Well done getting 5's on a first inspection!! What are they focusing on this year? I should be due one anytime and would be good to have a bit of an idea what to concentrate on!!

lisbet
15-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Congratulations!! :jump for joy:

I had my first (Ofsted) inspection on Tuesday - it's SUCH a relief to have it done!

Enjoy celebrating your achievement! :D

kellib
15-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Well done, getting 5's on your deist inspection is fab!

I had my first one last April, just had to send away my SEF so hoping I don't get another one soon lol

miffy
15-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Well done! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Have a lovely long weekend and enjoy your sister's wedding

Miffy xx

scottishlass
15-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks everyone - was no where near as stressful as I thought it would be - most stressful but was when she was late and I thought as wasn't coming as jus wanted it done!

Liz - she asked a lot about how I recorded children details and if I observed them (I use obs sheets I got from the Angus council website even tho am in Edinburgh and she thought they were ideal) I only do a couple a month and this was fine. Also talked about child protection and Infection control making sure I used the gloves and disposable aprons. She also spent time looking at my policies and risk assessment and asked me about fire drills too xx

lizduncan72
15-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Thanks everyone - was no where near as stressful as I thought it would be - most stressful but was when she was late and I thought as wasn't coming as jus wanted it done!

Liz - she asked a lot about how I recorded children details and if I observed them (I use obs sheets I got from the Angus council website even tho am in Edinburgh and she thought they were ideal) I only do a couple a month and this was fine. Also talked about child protection and Infection control making sure I used the gloves and disposable aprons. She also spent time looking at my policies and risk assessment and asked me about fire drills too xx

Thanks for that, just as well I've just recently updated policies then! Will have a look at the Angus obs sheets-I'm in Dundee so almost Angus!!!-and see what they're like, I just use a scrapbook just now :) x

scottishlass
15-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Thanks for that, just as well I've just recently updated policies then! Will have a look at the Angus obs sheets-I'm in Dundee so almost Angus!!!-and see what they're like, I just use a scrapbook just now :) x

No probs Liz they have a whole booklet on their site called childminders and children's learning and development booklet. Is loads of pages but I printed it all as really handy as they also give you child's age development charts (I have the page with the children's ages I have in their care plan for easy reference which she liked) and also use the photo pages and progress report ticksheets. Just randomly came across it but really helped me loads! Xx

sprinkles
16-08-2013, 02:15 PM
No probs Liz they have a whole booklet on their site called childminders and children's learning and development booklet. Is loads of pages but I printed it all as really handy as they also give you child's age development charts (I have the page with the children's ages I have in their care plan for easy reference which she liked) and also use the photo pages and progress report ticksheets. Just randomly came across it but really helped me loads! Xx

I have to say thanks for this - this booklet is amazing!! I've just downloaded it and printed out all the developmental sheets for the ages I look after and popped them in their files! I've also printed off the tick list sheets too so will use them - I'm guessing you go over them with parents and get them to sign them since there is a bit at the bottom for parent signature? The treasure basket and theme pages are amazing too - lots of ideas now!

scottishlass
16-08-2013, 03:50 PM
I have to say thanks for this - this booklet is amazing!! I've just downloaded it and printed out all the developmental sheets for the ages I look after and popped them in their files! I've also printed off the tick list sheets too so will use them - I'm guessing you go over them with parents and get them to sign them since there is a bit at the bottom for parent signature? The treasure basket and theme pages are amazing too - lots of ideas now!

Isn't it the best find sprinkles!! It has helped me so much - no chance I would get anything like this from Edinburgh council! I do the progress tick sheet about every 6 months and send it home for parent to sign and add anything they might do at home and not here and then send back. My parents are not ones for taking time for longer chats so prefer it sent home. I also found the sheets near the end for my 1 schoolie about what they like at school etc handy for their folder as dont do the obs for them and it adds something to their file. xx

sprinkles
16-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Isn't it the best find sprinkles!! It has helped me so much - no chance I would get anything like this from Edinburgh council! I do the progress tick sheet about every 6 months and send it home for parent to sign and add anything they might do at home and not here and then send back. My parents are not ones for taking time for longer chats so prefer it sent home. I also found the sheets near the end for my 1 schoolie about what they like at school etc handy for their folder as dont do the obs for them and it adds something to their file. xx

It's really fab!! What ones do you do a couple of times a month? Xx

charlottenash
16-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Well done xx

blue bear
16-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Brilliant news :clapping:

scottishlass
16-08-2013, 05:05 PM
It's really fab!! What ones do you do a couple of times a month? Xx

At the mo I have 2 babies aged 15 months and 18 months - the 15 month old is with me full time so I do the couple a month for her and the 18 month old is only 1 day a week so only do 1 every couple of months unless he has been busy!!

They are both quite good age for doing obs as I did them for starting crawling them walking, getting a shape in the correct slot on sorter, moving car along and holding phone to ear and saying hello and even one for cuddling a doll so showing love and affection. I keep mine really basic and say for ex - jimmy managed to get the circle shape into the shape sorter by himself. Plans for dev - encourage jimmy to try the other shapes and find other similar games for jimmy to try and give jimmy lots of praise. Some didn't even have as much details as this and she still said it was plenty of info xx

sprinkles
16-08-2013, 05:17 PM
At the mo I have 2 babies aged 15 months and 18 months - the 15 month old is with me full time so I do the couple a month for her and the 18 month old is only 1 day a week so only do 1 every couple of months unless he has been busy!!

They are both quite good age for doing obs as I did them for starting crawling them walking, getting a shape in the correct slot on sorter, moving car along and holding phone to ear and saying hello and even one for cuddling a doll so showing love and affection. I keep mine really basic and say for ex - jimmy managed to get the circle shape into the shape sorter by himself. Plans for dev - encourage jimmy to try the other shapes and find other similar games for jimmy to try and give jimmy lots of praise. Some didn't even have as much details as this and she still said it was plenty of info xx

I've got a 7 month old just started and a 2 year old starting next week so just looking at all the obs stuff.

Do you use the tick sheet for that or is it a different one? Or do you just write it on plain paper? Xx

scottishlass
16-08-2013, 05:36 PM
I've got a 7 month old just started and a 2 year old starting next week so just looking at all the obs stuff.

Do you use the tick sheet for that or is it a different one? Or do you just write it on plain paper? Xx

For the obs I use the sheet which I think has observation report on the top (not in the house so can't check my folder) To start with i do the initial observation sheet first when they first started (sure it's the one that says in it complete within 2 weeks of child starting). I didn't start doing the observation sheets until I had settled them in as was too busy so don't worry to much while you are settling them! My full timer started with me at 6/7 months and to start with I didn't have a huge amount of obs for her at all but they soon started coming quickly. I think I did the first tick sheet one after maybe about 6/7 weeks and then so them every 6 months - I was still finding my feet with it all so just took it easy to start with xx