PDA

View Full Version : DBS Checks and update service

Sarah Jane Grew
15-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Has anyone been able to get Ofsted to use this update service via DBS instead of paying for yet another CRB/DBS check???

https://secure.crbonline.gov.uk/crsc/check?execution=e1s1

Many thanks
Sarah :)

sarah707
16-08-2013, 12:33 PM
I've not heard anyone comment tbh ... sorry! :D

Simona
16-08-2013, 01:23 PM
The link you have provided is if you want an update on your DBS......is there a charge for using it? or will you have to pay only if you need another DBS check if your last one is not valid anymore?

Ofsted do not deal with checks anymore therefore I doubt they would be very helpful...have you tried ringing the DBS helpline?

AliceK
16-08-2013, 01:35 PM
I heard that if someone already has a CRB and they move to another position they no longer have to have another one done they can use their old one. Would this apply to us if we were to take on an assistant who already had an old CRB or would we have to still get a new one done.

xxxx

FussyElmo
16-08-2013, 01:44 PM
I heard that if someone already has a CRB and they move to another position they no longer have to have another one done they can use their old one. Would this apply to us if we were to take on an assistant who already had an old CRB or would we have to still get a new one done.

xxxx

Its only the dbs that's now transferrable between setting (in theory) but the person who has it must pay for the update which is £13 a year.

Emra81
16-08-2013, 01:49 PM
I may have gotten the wrong end of the stick but my understanding is that, when you have a dbs done (or within 14 days) you can opt to pay £13 a year for it to be transferable i.e. the initial check can be used for every subsequent position you need it for. I think they're calling it the 'update service'. I don't think it can be done retrospectively so if you had a dbs check done recently but didn't pay the £13 then you'd have to go through the whole process again for any further dbs checks you need for other jobs unless you sign up within 14 days of your check.
But as I say, I've probably completely misunderstood!

leeanne910
16-08-2013, 02:11 PM
This is where i get confused. My assistant who initiated ey2 with ofsted in april. Held a crb for nursery she worked in. I had a suitabiloty letter sayin she is ok to work in setting blablah and that was it. No new crb or dbs form