PDA

View Full Version : Hi vis

charlottenash
15-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Ok so I've had them since I was registered but never got them out before. I've always thought people might judge me thinking I use it as an excuse not to watch them or something

Anyway today I've use them on an outing WOW so much easier to spot them in the park and sand area, I feel a lot more confident walking around with them and what a difference!!

Never turning back from them!

kellyskidz!
15-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Haha I had the same fears, I also worried they might look a bit..geeky in these jackets and I'd feel a bit silly but nope, they love their 'police jackets' and its SO much easier to see them on the park if one is on the slide and one on the climbing frame. I love them!
Although there was a funny situation a few weeks ago when we went for a fun day in the local woods almost ALL of the kids had them on lol, was easier to spot the ones in normal clothes:laughing:

Tinkerbell1979
15-08-2013, 11:24 AM
I want to

Use them but EVERY childminder a d after school club do too so they would still get muddled in the crowd

jazzyjenbo
15-08-2013, 01:09 PM
I just started using them and have written my setting name and phone number on the back as extra safety for the children should they get lost.. The 2 yr old think hes bob the builder. The babies are a little young but when i'm using my triple pram i hang 3 over the handles to make my buggy more visible as i often have to walk on the road due to parked cars, bins, lampposts, thin pavements!!

Maza
15-08-2013, 01:21 PM
I just started using them and have written my setting name and phone number on the back as extra safety for the children should they get lost.. The 2 yr old think hes bob the builder. The babies are a little young but when i'm using my triple pram i hang 3 over the handles to make my buggy more visible as i often have to walk on the road due to parked cars, bins, lampposts, thin pavements!!

What a fab idea with the buggy! I've just bought them as one mindee suddenly thinks it's hilarious to run away from me. Was worried that people would think I was being over protective or trying to be like a nursery or playgroup. It's so silly that we worry what others think! I'm really pleased that they do actually work. I was worried that he wouldn't want to wear it but calling it a Bob the Builder jacket should convince him! x

charlottenash
15-08-2013, 02:20 PM
They thought it was brill, never thought of that on the pushchair great idea especially when you have to leave the pushchair somewhere in a big crowd of them to go in somewhere!

Helen Dempster
15-08-2013, 08:39 PM
great aren't they? I felt a bit funny the first time I put the kids in them, but they're brill! I don't use them everywhere we go, however, just the bigger open spaces and play areas.

Boris
16-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Lots of the minders round here have them and I've always thought they looked a bit daft but when I was out with a minder friend at a big park event, she lost one of her children (only for a few minutes in a crowd) so we both bought some. I found some lovely blue ones on ebay and I love them!

Samijanec
16-08-2013, 02:58 PM
I don't use them as all the school clubs and holiday groups use them and when we are at the park I feel that they just get lost in the crowd..