PDA

View Full Version : Continuity of care

Bambini2
15-08-2013, 07:11 AM
I have got 4 children attending from September all of them doing a variety of hours and days. From January the parents want them all to attend on the same day, so one day a week I would have 4 over three's. I know that I couldn't take on an extra child to enable me to look after 4 on one day but as they will all have been attending since this September is that o.k as long as i inform all the parents? In the old days:laughing: I know that it was necessary to apply to Ofsted but don't think this is necessary now. Am I correct?

hectors house
15-08-2013, 07:23 AM
I have got 4 children attending from September all of them doing a variety of hours and days. From January the parents want them all to attend on the same day, so one day a week I would have 4 over three's. I know that I couldn't take on an extra child to enable me to look after 4 on one day but as they will all have been attending since this September is that o.k as long as i inform all the parents? In the old days:laughing: I know that it was necessary to apply to Ofsted but don't think this is necessary now. Am I correct?

I think that is fine - you just can't have anymore than 3 funded children attending on the same day, I think I read in the Somerset pack - so if all 4 of them are funded you would only be able to claim for 3!:)

Bambini2
15-08-2013, 07:43 AM
Glad that you have been reading the small print. I will check that out because all 4 would be funded. Think I will be breaking some bad news to someone.

hectors house
15-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Glad that you have been reading the small print. I will check that out because all 4 would be funded. Think I will be breaking some bad news to someone.

Not sure if it is in pack too but it's on top of my Early years entitlement application form "With this application form you are applying to be registered to claim funding for eligible 2,3 & 4 year olds. The maximum number of eligible 2,3 & 4 year old children for which funding can be claimed is 3 children at any one time. You are able to claim for more than 3 children if they attend at different times. If you work with another childminder in your home, a separate application must be submitted and if they meet the criteria and are accepted onto the directory, this will allow 6 children to be claimed for at any time. Funded children should not be left under the care of childminding assistants".

Sorry!

Bambini2
15-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Can you tell me where it says that. I can't find it.Thank you.

hectors house
15-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Can you tell me where it says that. I can't find it.Thank you.

Posted at same time - my answer is above yours! - haven't looked in pack, remembered reading it somewhere and spotted it on application form, I would ring Entitlement team at Taunton and double check.:)

Bambini2
15-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Emailing them now. Thanks again.

Bambini2
16-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Still no answer, think they have got lots of other things to think about at the moment....

Bambini2
16-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Gave up waiting for an email and phoned them up. Spoke to a lady was just looking into it "as it's not our area of expertise". Not sure who's area of expertise it is then ...:laughing:

hectors house
16-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Gave up waiting for an email and phoned them up. Spoke to a lady was just looking into it "as it's not our area of expertise". Not sure who's area of expertise it is then ...:laughing:

You would have thought "they" would have been aware of what "they" print on "their" forms then! :D

Chatterbox Childcare
16-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Could 3 of them not be funded am and the other pm?

Bambini2
17-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Good point but basically they will all just be coming 15 hours per week so that parents don't pay anything also they will all be attending roughly between 8:30 -4:00 so there's not much room for maneuvering.

Bambini2
19-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Had an email at last. 3 children is the maximum on entitlement at one time. I just wanted to see it for myself in black and white. Problem solved though as one of the four will be going to nursery on that day instead.