PDA

View Full Version : landlady selling house

ziggy
14-08-2013, 09:03 PM
i moved into a lovely rented house last october, thinking I would be here for years. Yesterday afternoon I was told landlady is putting house up for sale.

Paid over £450 for new fencing 5 weeks ago

Bit shocked to say the least

Mouse
14-08-2013, 09:09 PM
That's a bit unfair of her to put it up for sale after such a short time. If you do have to move (maybe you'll just get a new landlord) I'd pull the fence up and take it with me!

green4lynn
14-08-2013, 09:12 PM
How awful for you! I'm also in rented, and although the landlord bought the house specifically to rent out there is still the risk that he needs the money and will sell up! No way could we even afford to put a toe on the property ladder, so renting is our only option. Another minder I know has just had the same thing happen to her.
Good luck in your search for a new house!

x

sprinkles
14-08-2013, 09:16 PM
How awful for you :( hopefully the buyer will be buying to let too. We are just in the process of buying a flat to let and am so glad it already has a tenant as it costs so much to market somewhere and get a tenant in.

I also agree with Mouse re the fence though :D

ziggy
14-08-2013, 09:22 PM
estate agent is a friend and he has promised to help me find new place, love this house but heyho. I am gonna chat to guy who erected fence to see if we can take it to new place.

It's my birthday today so wasnt best present i've ever had but on the plus side, she will be very lucky to sell it and my contract doesnt end till November 1st so I have a while yet

Mouse
14-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Happy birthday for what's left of today!

Who knows...perhaps your estate agent friend will find somewhere even better for you and this could actually be a blessing in disguise :D

smurfette
14-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Oh happy bday Ziggy! It's middle dds bday today too she is ten , all excited cos she is in double digits! Hope you had a good day with new man apart from the house news xx

ziggy
14-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Oh happy bday Ziggy! It's middle dds bday today too she is ten , all excited cos she is in double digits! Hope you had a good day with new man apart from the house news xx

new man is certainly good for me lol, i was really upset last night but then had day off today, so time to think. I'm just grateful i have plenty of work and luckily there are a few places around to rent

Mrs Scrubbit
14-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Happy birthday Ziggy xx

Tealady
14-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Not the best news for you to have on your birthday :-(

Hopefully the tax issues will put him off as happened to a friend of mine

littlemiss60561
14-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Happy birthday!
But Not nice news. My landlady gave us notice to leave due to wanting to sell, ending on my ds's due date! Asked for a one month extention but she refused. We ended up desperate ( as a offer n a house we wanted to buy fell through last minute) in a 2 bed ( needed 4) and had to sign up for a year. Thought I'd be begging for a stable as time ticked by! Had t persuade new landlady that me being a cm wouldn't be an issue for her! The old landlady then had an empty house for 8 months as she couldn't sell :mad: I know all that doesn't help you, but I can empathise! Hope you find somewhere just as nice, if not nicer, soon .

charlottenash
15-08-2013, 06:27 AM
That's horrible. X

ziggy
15-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Happy birthday!
But Not nice news. My landlady gave us notice to leave due to wanting to sell, ending on my ds's due date! Asked for a one month extention but she refused. We ended up desperate ( as a offer n a house we wanted to buy fell through last minute) in a 2 bed ( needed 4) and had to sign up for a year. Thought I'd be begging for a stable as time ticked by! Had t persuade new landlady that me being a cm wouldn't be an issue for her! The old landlady then had an empty house for 8 months as she couldn't sell :mad: I know all that doesn't help you, but I can empathise! Hope you find somewhere just as nice, if not nicer, soon .

oh my word, that must have been a nightmare.

woke up this morning in bit of a panic, cant decide whether to stick it out here till she sells or move asap, think i will probably go as i need a bit of security (although when renting there is no such thing)

FussyElmo
15-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Have you asked you landlord? At the minute you don't know her plans we had an estate agent around just for a valuation not that we wanted to sell. Maybe she wants to borrow money on it and needed a valuation.

Ring her and say you have heard she/he is planning to sell and ask where does it leave you :thumbsup:

kellyskidz!
15-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Oh no what a shame! Especially since OFSTED will have to come out again and assess new property
I also rent and I'm constantly aware that my landlady could also decide to sell but we simply can't afford to buy!
I've been here for 5 years and, touch wood, there's never been any mention of selling but you never know
I feel really bad for you with regarding to the fence, I must admit my landlady has been quite good at putting new fencing up and doing big things in the house, like installing new bathroom recently. All I've done is decorate and tidy up the garden
I'd definitely be wanting, and expecting, the money back for the fence, after all you've improved her property
Did you get permission to put new fence up? I think she should have done it herself to be honest, it's her house.
Good luck finding a new place, I'm sure things will work out great xx

FussyElmo
15-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Oh no what a shame! Especially since OFSTED will have to come out again and assess new property
I also rent and I'm constantly aware that my landlady could also decide to sell but we simply can't afford to buy!
I've been here for 5 years and, touch wood, there's never been any mention of selling but you never know
I feel really bad for you with regarding to the fence, I must admit my landlady has been quite good at putting new fencing up and doing big things in the house, like installing new bathroom recently. All I've done is decorate and tidy up the garden
I'd definitely be wanting, and expecting, the money back for the fence, after all you've improved her property
Did you get permission to put new fence up? I think she should have done it herself to be honest, it's her house.
Good luck finding a new place, I'm sure things will work out great xx

Ziggy doesn't come under Ofsted - lucky thing :thumbsup:

kellyskidz!
15-08-2013, 08:17 AM

Oh right! Well that's one less thing to worry about then :thumbsup:

ziggy
15-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Have you asked you landlord? At the minute you don't know her plans we had an estate agent around just for a valuation not that we wanted to sell. Maybe she wants to borrow money on it and needed a valuation.

Ring her and say you have heard she/he is planning to sell and ask where does it leave you :thumbsup:

Landlady is using this estate agent to sell house, he is also same guy who sorted out rent (contracts etc). She asked him to come and tell me as she couldnt face doing it.

bindy
15-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Oh right! Well that's one less thing to worry about then :thumbsup:

They don't come out anyway, I have moved twice and they only wanted me to do a RA.

Bad luck Ziggy, hope you find something better than what you have. Happy Birthday too!

ziggy
15-08-2013, 01:16 PM

you're right I dont come under Ofsted but cant start minding in new house until social services come out, inspect and issue new certificate. I rang my social worker yesterday to warn her that i will have to move again. Last time she did it all in less than a week but got into big trouble with her boss so I know it will take longer this time. Luckily my full time mummy is on maternity leave till January so if i need to take a week off i can do.

trying not to worry too much. estate agent emailed with possible new house today, so fingers crossed

ziggy
18-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Feeling bit sorry for myself today. House went on market yesterday, she is asking quite a lot so cant see it selling v quickly! Looked at 2 other places, didnt really like either of them.

New man very ill (waiting for gall bladder op)

So lying in bed, drinking tea, reading, messing on here. Friend invited me for drink later so will have good chat then and hopefully feel more optimistic

Just wanted a moan, sorry

shortstuff
18-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Dont apologise for getting it off your chest x I can understand fully where you are coming from x

Stay strong and hopefully your next home will be an even better fit for you x