PDA

View Full Version : Biting incidcent?

melco
14-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Hi,

I am having one of those days!!! I have two cold sores and my lip is really fat and hurts and the two little ones I have today have been constantly smacking eachother.:( Anyway just want to check what I need to do with regards to this - I had a 1yr old and 20mth old in double buggy ready to go out. I saw the 1yr old put his hand across to the 20mth old and I thought he was going to do the usual and grab at him or pull his hat off anyway instead he out his fingers in the 20mth olds mouth and the 20mth old bit. It left teeth marks and is now red but no bruise. My question is do I need to fill out Incident form and Accident form or just one and then inform both parents with what happened? I want to be professional about this so not give out any names but the children are cousins and the only ones I had today so they are going to know and will be fine I am sure but not had this happen before so want to check what I need to do.

Also the 20mth old is very clever and knows right from wrong and I just wondered how you would deal with a situation where I had to put the rain cover on the double buggy earlier and the 20mth old decided to kick it constantly as he did not want it on. I kept telling him no and that he will break it but he still carried on and he has now broke my rain cover. Its quite a new buggy and wanted to know how you would deal with this. Obviously in contract it says if the child breaks something on purpose you ask for some money towards a new one but with the childs age I don't feel I can do that so thinking of just letting the parent know. The other worry I have is if I but a new one he will just do the same again. Like I said one of those days.

Would like some advise please.

Thanks in advance

melco x

emma04
14-08-2013, 02:44 PM
This happened to me!

I would fill out an incident form and inform both parents upon collection. At the end of the day, if you stuff your fingers into someone else's mouth, what can you expect! I doubt this child will make the same mistake again!:D

With regards to the rain cover, I wouldn't pursue it with a parent. Child is a bit too young to blame, even if they did do it on purpose, very frustrating. Next time, peel the rain cover back from that child's half of the buggy and let the rain wet them a bit, they will soon sit still (hope that doesn't sound horrid, but i'd do it with my own!) OR don't fix it at the side or bottom, just let it lay over. Can't think of anything else, sorry!

Hope your cold sore improves, nasty and painful i'm sure :( x

melco
14-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Thank you.

I am just filling in an accident form for the child who was bitten but noticed that the forms are the same for incident. So was going to fill that in but ignore the bits where its not applicable. Is that right?

Mrsh3103
14-08-2013, 03:17 PM
I'd just do an incident form. Like op said if you put your fingers in someone's mouth what do you expect lol.

Also I'd say the same about the rain cover. The child is too young to really understand. I'd also let any child that did that here get wet for a bit. I'm sure it'll soon stop :)

emma04
14-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Thank you.

I am just filling in an accident form for the child who was bitten but noticed that the forms are the same for incident. So was going to fill that in but ignore the bits where its not applicable. Is that right?

Yes that'll be fine. So long as you have something in writing for the parent to sign, that's all you need

melco
14-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Thanks to all your replies.

I knew really that because of his age I could not complain about the rain cover. Am just so frustrated as I love my new buggy and liked that it clipped underneath. Oh well, he will be the one that will get wet!! LOL

Chatterbox Childcare
14-08-2013, 03:42 PM
I have little ones who do this to the back of my car seat and it drives me MAD! I warn then once and then take their shoes off.