PDA

View Full Version : what to charge

teacake2
14-08-2013, 10:15 AM
I have been approached (with another person) to look after 5 under 3s at a wedding in September, the parents would be in a room very near by so that wouldn't be a problem, but what would you charge? The hours are between 11 and 5, there would be a three month, two almost 2year olds and 2 just over 2. Any advise would be gratefully received. It is a Saturday.
Thanks
Teacake2

charlottenash
14-08-2013, 10:16 AM
I think for 6 hours, I would charge £60-£80 personally off the top of my head.

shortstuff
14-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Am I wrong thinking you would be over numbers? You would need an assistant and cover their wage too.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-08-2013, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't do it as a childminder and wouldn't put it through my books.

Parents are on the premises so they are responsbile. For my time I would charge £100

bunyip
14-08-2013, 01:25 PM
IIWY I'd do some thorough research first. What you charge will depend largely on your costs, so do you know what they'd be? :huh: I imagine this is not simply the equivalent of CMing on your own premises, or 'babysitting' at the family's home.

One thing that hits me right away is PLI. Would your usually insurer cover this? Don't assume you'd be covered by the insurance of whoever manages the building or event.

A friend of mine runs a stall at hobby shows several times a year. He has to take out PLI for such events, even though he's already paying the venue managers to rent space for the stall. This costs him around £200 a year, whether he attends 1 event or dozens.

Worth looking into it.