PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Friends Homes

cbshoat
14-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Morning all
Just a quick question but are we permitted to take childminded children round to a friends house for a birthday party?
Thanks Christine

munch149
14-08-2013, 08:32 AM
I would say that was fine just risk assess x

FussyElmo
14-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Yes it fine - risk assess it as you get there. The children shouldn't miss a children birthday party :thumbsup:

kellyskidz!
14-08-2013, 09:21 AM
I've done it, and risk assessed, it was fine, a good day for kids and a nice change
In ra I just put how we would get to friends house, that my friend had safety gates and fire guard already as she had a baby, her garden was secure, children were wearing ID wrist bands with mine and parents contact info and I wouldn't leave children alone at any time xx

SwanLake
14-08-2013, 09:43 AM
As everyone else has said but could also do a quick permission form for parents to sign x

FloraDora
14-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Can someone talk to me about ID wristbands and when it is recommended that they are used - if you just have 2 children who will always be with you do you need them, say, to go to the park? Or is it just when you are in large groups or going somewhere where there will be a large amount of children?
confused

sprinkles
14-08-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm just starting and wondered this too so good to know. Do you have to do a written ra for everywhere you visit??

kellyskidz!
14-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Can someone talk to me about ID wristbands and when it is recommended that they are used - if you just have 2 children who will always be with you do you need them, say, to go to the park? Or is it just when you are in large groups or going somewhere where there will be a large amount of children?
confused

You don't need them, I just like to have them for my own piece of mind, especially when we're out for the day
It's up to you if you chose to have them or not xx